current status of Tamil in Fedora

  • Hariraam Aathreya
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      current status of Tamil in Fedora

      1. The essential parts have been translated
      (which means Tamil has met the translation
      threshold to be included)

      2. One other requirement in Fedora Core in order to be included
      in the distribution, is GPLed fonts.
      A request has been made to include
      three Tamil fonts ---
      VaigaiUni, TSCu_Paranar & consoleTamilUni

      3. I suppose, its too late for Tamil to be
      included in Fedora Core 2 test 3.
      We might have wait till Fedora Core 3.

      regards,
      hari.