consoleTamil-0.4 giving installation error

  • M K Saravanan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2000
      hi,

      i installed consoleTamil-0.4. But when i gave the command

      consolechars -f ta_tscii
      it gave the following error message. what would be the problem?

      set_kernel_font: Invalid argument

      M K Saravanan,
      Member Research Staff,
      The AU-KBC Centre for Internet & Telecom Technologies,
      Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University,
      Chromepet, Chennai 600 044.
      Tamilnadu, INDIA

      Tel (O): 91 44 2417885 Email: mksarav@...
      Telefax (O): 91 44 2402711 URL : http://mksarav.tripod.com
    • Sivaraj D
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2000
        Hi Saravanan,

        >consolechars -f ta_tscii
        >it gave the following error message. what would be the problem?
        >
        >set_kernel_font: Invalid argument

        Try giving the fullname of the font file as
        consolechars -f ta_tscii.psf.gz

        If this doesn't work, please send me the details of your distribution
        and the version of console-tools you are running.
        If you are running rpm based system "rpm -q console-tools".

        -Sivaraj.