Tamil in Mandrake9.0 100% supported out of the box!!!

  • prabu_anand2000
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 5, 2002
      Dear Friends,

      It's a very good news that upcoming Mandrake Linux9.0
      will come with support for read/write with full tamil
      menus out of the box.
      here are some cool screenshots..

      If you want to enjoy tamil, grab the 3 cd download
      edition of mandrake9.0 rc1 today and enjoy tamil in
      its full glory.

      Choose Tamil as your language of install.OK, the install is still
      in English. Once installed you'll start enjoying tamil everywhere.
      most of the commonly used drake tools are translated. Later i'll
      upload a rpm with more translated apps like gnomemeeting/xmms etc..

      I take this opportunity to request all of you to share
      the word to your friends/family members and if you can try
      out rc1 today.

      Full thanks/credits goes to Vasee for KDE, Dinesh for
      Gnome, Srivas for Fonts and our hero Pablo from Mandrakesoft.

      Regards.,
      Prabu
    • V. Venkataramanan
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 5, 2002
        Prabhu,

        That is a great news! With this Tamil becomes the first out-of-the box OS.
        This will go a long way in enticing newbies to the linux world. Mandrake is
        in sense pioneering many efforts to take linux to the uncharted waters.
        Their drakeX tools are quite good.

        For tamil, they were the first distro to include kde-i18n-tamil rpms as a
        part of their distro. Then they discontinued it for lack of support. I am
        sure this time, the tamil world will embrace it.

        Congratulations in spearheading this effort.

        Anpudan
        venkat

[...]

      • Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 5, 2002
          Prabu

          Very excellent job indeed. It is heartening to see
          continued work on Tamil and Linux. Keep it going.

          Siva (the first)

          --- prabu_anand2000 <prabu_anand2000@...>
          wrote: > Dear Friends,

          > It's a very good news that upcoming Mandrake
          > Linux9.0
          > will come with support for read/write with full
          > tamil
          > menus out of the box.
          > here are some cool screenshots..

          > If you want to enjoy tamil, grab the 3 cd download
          > edition of mandrake9.0 rc1 today and enjoy tamil in
          > its full glory.
          >
          > Choose Tamil as your language of install.OK, the
          > install is still
          > in English. Once installed you'll start enjoying
          > tamil everywhere.
          > most of the commonly used drake tools are
          > translated. Later i'll
          > upload a rpm with more translated apps like
          > gnomemeeting/xmms etc..
          >
          > I take this opportunity to request all of you to
          > share
          > the word to your friends/family members and if you
          > can try
          > out rc1 today.
          >
          > Full thanks/credits goes to Vasee for KDE, Dinesh
          > for
          > Gnome, Srivas for Fonts and our hero Pablo from
          > Mandrakesoft.
          >
          > Regards.,
          > Prabu

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          =====
          Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram
          sshanmu@...
          Ph: +91-80-55 66 071

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 5, 2002
            Excellent work Prabu! ...downloading RC-1 as I write this.

            -Vasee

            --- In tamilinix@y..., "prabu_anand2000" <prabu_anand2000@y...>
            wrote:
            > Dear Friends,
            >
            > It's a very good news that upcoming Mandrake Linux9.0
            > will come with support for read/write with full tamil
            > menus out of the box.
            > here are some cool screenshots..

            > If you want to enjoy tamil, grab the 3 cd download
            > edition of mandrake9.0 rc1 today and enjoy tamil in
            > its full glory.
            >
            > Choose Tamil as your language of install.OK, the install is still
            > in English. Once installed you'll start enjoying tamil everywhere.
            > most of the commonly used drake tools are translated. Later i'll
            > upload a rpm with more translated apps like gnomemeeting/xmms
            etc..

            > I take this opportunity to request all of you to share
            > the word to your friends/family members and if you can try
            > out rc1 today.
            >
            > Full thanks/credits goes to Vasee for KDE, Dinesh for
            > Gnome, Srivas for Fonts and our hero Pablo from Mandrakesoft.
            >
            > Regards.,
            > Prabu
          • prabu_anand2000
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 7, 2002
              Siva,

              Sorry i missed to include your name in KDE team. Siva the first
              (Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram along with Gomathi) were the people who
              started all this. Thank you friends and a big THANKS to both of you.

              Regards.,
              Prabu

              --- In tamilinix@y..., Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram <sshanmu@y...>
              wrote:
              > Prabu
              >
              > Very excellent job indeed. It is heartening to see
              > continued work on Tamil and Linux. Keep it going.
              >
              > Siva (the first)
            • sisrivas
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 11, 2002
                Dear Prabu,

                can you rewrite this information in simple terms (in Tamil and English) and
                post it to Tamil_Araichchi at yahoogroups.com

                There are about 3000+ mombers at present and need to be explained in simple
                terms. For example most of the members would not know what is Mandrake and
                may not even know what is Linux. Could you write about this newly available
                software. Probably mentioning all the developers including the pioneering
                developpers such as Sivaraj and Vasee. I assume you have access to names of
                all those contributing to the Tamilinux development.

                Sinnathurai Srivas

                --- In tamilinix@y..., "prabu_anand2000" <prabu_anand2000@y...> wrote:
                > Siva,
                >
                > Sorry i missed to include your name in KDE team. Siva the first
                > (Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram along with Gomathi) were the people who
                > started all this. Thank you friends and a big THANKS to both of you.
                >
                > Regards.,
                > Prabu
                >
                > --- In tamilinix@y..., Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram <sshanmu@y...>
                > wrote:
                > > Prabu
                > >
                > > Very excellent job indeed. It is heartening to see
                > > continued work on Tamil and Linux. Keep it going.
                > >
                > > Siva (the first)
              • prabu_anand2000
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 11, 2002
                  Dear Srivas,

                  thanks for the suggestion. Here is the write-up in english. Pls.
                  suggest if any changes are required. I'm right now translating this to
                  tamil.

                  100% tamil computer

                  When will our parents and our tamil friends in tamilnadu see a 100%
                  tamil computer. Without even a slightest knowledge of English, can i
                  ever use a Computer?

                  Yes friends, that day has come. Now we can use a computer without
                  knowing a word in English. These are the things that you can do with a
                  tamil computer even if you only know tamil.

                  currently,
                  1.you can send and receive e-mails in Tamil.
                  2.Browse internet in Tamil.
                  3.Write documents in tamil.Create documents for writing letters, books
                  and all other purposes.
                  4.Print documents in Tamil.
                  5.Maintain accounts for our family/shops in tamil.
                  6.create nice presentations in Tamil.
                  7.create and Share tamil documents with people who do not have tamil.

                  8.We can listen to music(mp3 songs)
                  9.We can chat/talk using computer with friends using tamil.
                  10.configure our own computer to connect to internet
                  11.Add/remove software
                  12.Completely configure your computer using friendly wizards.

                  Do you really think all these are possible? What should i do to all
                  these things in tamil? How much does this cost?

                  Yes, friends all these things are possible. And this is possible
                  today. And this is possible in mandrake-Linux. mandrake9.0 supports
                  tamil 100% out of the box. Pls. go here to see some nice pictures of
                  mandrake9.0
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tamilinix/files/misc
                  /screenshots/Mandrake/

                  If you're in hurry, pls. refer this document on how to get this
                  mandrake9.0 for yourself
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tamilinix/files/FAQ.pdf

                  for others with some time to spare for tamil

                  mandrake-Linux?
                  pls. allow me to explain what is linux.
                  Linux is another operating system like windows95/98/2000/XP. The good
                  thing about inux is it is easy to use and extremely reliable and
                  powerfull. linux is free to use & it is legal to share with your
                  friends and is ideally suited for people like us in India. This comes
                  bundled with all the necessary software for doing all the twelve
                  things given above. No need to buy any extra software,

                  Come on. How come your Linux is powerful and still free? legal to
                  share?

                  Are you joking?

                  No my friends, i'm not joking. distribution. This is developed by
                  thousands of volunteers around the world. This is possible because
                  linux is an open source software. Yes, in open source software people
                  share their source code, to enable others to find out problems and
                  improve it based on their own needs/ideas. This is how, some great
                  tamil people have worked hard in the past few years to bring tamil to
                  linux. Pls. go here to get more details behing opensource,
                  http://www.opensource.org

                  Linux is also a free software, free as in freedom and not free as in
                  free lunch. This free software was developed as a protest again
                  proprietery software in 1974 and you can go here to get more details.
                  http://www.gnu.org

                  Linux is distributed by many companies, and one such popular and
                  easy-to-use distribution that is focussed on new computer users is
                  Mandrake-Linux.

                  mandrake-linux is a french company who focus on international users,
                  people like tamils, arabs. malay, chineese etc.. An extremely helpful
                  person named Pablo Saratxaga has been driving this and has taken a
                  lead to support Tamil In Mandrake-Linux. Tamil enthusiasts should be
                  really thankful this friend.

                  Initially a tamil enthusiast named Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram started
                  translating KDE, one of the first graphical desktop environments for
                  linux. Later he was joined by people like Venkataramanan, Vasee,
                  Gomathi . Now, Vasee is actively supporting KDE. In addition Vasee has
                  modified a lot of open soucrce software to support tamil including
                  tamil keyboard. Without him, tamil would have never reached this stage
                  within this short time. D. Sivaraj is another great enthusiast and
                  kind person who developed console support and always helped newbies to
                  tamil linux like me in my early days.

                  Dinesh has been working on the Gnome desktop environment and he also
                  has developed tamil keyboard for Gnome.

                  Recently thanks to magnanimous offer of Sinnathurai Srivas, a really
                  brilliant selfless individual, Tamil got unrestricted free fonts. He
                  gave away his Avarangal fonts for e-kalappai, windows based tamil
                  software. He readily consented to give his font for linux. Without his
                  beautiful font we can never get Tamil support in Linux.

                  with this tamil becomes the first Indian language to be supported 100%
                  out of the box in an operating system. A user who knows only tamil can
                  start using computer thanks to mandrake9.0. Now onwards English is
                  not a pre-requisite for tamils to use computer. presently for
                  installing the operating system one needs english language.

                  mandrake9.0 uses TSCII. A lot of people joined in to develop tscii,
                  the tamil computer standard . This is widely used around the world by
                  tamils. In windwos through e-kalappai anyone can read/write Tamil.
                  Pls. go here for details on TSCII. http://www.tamil.net/tscii

                  Everhing you write and send in mandrake9.0 can be read in windows
                  using e-kalappai. for detals on e-kalappai...

                  how can i help?
                  1. Help distribute mandrake-linux to your friends. People who know
                  only tamil will definitely appreciate your help.
                  2.Help the translation of KDE, Gnome, Openoffice, mozilla.. a lot of
                  people are required to help vasee & Dinesh. This doesn't require any
                  technical knowledge. A simple English and Tamil knwoledge will do. If
                  i can do this, definitely you can do.
                  3.Contribute more tamil fonts if you're font developer.
                  4.Spread the message as much as possible as Tamil should leapfrog to
                  the newage. People like Kalyanasundaram have brought a lot of
                  literature to computer. We should read them and benefit from them.
                  4. We should use computer for our day today life to make our life
                  better and tamilnadu a prosperous place.

                  sorry for the rather long post.

                  Cheers.,
                  Prabu

                  --- In tamilinix@y..., "sisrivas" <sisrivas@y...> wrote:
                  > Dear Prabu,
                  >
                  > can you rewrite this information in simple terms (in Tamil and
                  English) and
                  > post it to Tamil_Araichchi at yahoogroups.com
                  >
                  > There are about 3000+ mombers at present and need to be explained in
                  simple
                  > terms. For example most of the members would not know what is
                  Mandrake and
                  > may not even know what is Linux. Could you write about this newly
                  available
                  > software. Probably mentioning all the developers including the
                  pioneering
                  > developpers such as Sivaraj and Vasee. I assume you have access to
                  names of
                  > all those contributing to the Tamilinux development.
                  >
                  > Sinnathurai Srivas
                • prabu_anand2000
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 11, 2002
                    Dear Friends,

                    This is still a draft with some potential errors in it and is not yet
                    complete. Currently pls. give only feedback only either here or to my
                    personal id prabu_anand2000 at yahoo.com.

                    Do not forward this yet.

                    If you want to add/correct something pls. write to me or post it
                    here..

                    Feedback until now inlcudes..

                    The year that Linux development began is 1991. (It is given as 1974 i
                    n the writeup). However, Richard Stallman started the Free Software
                    movement in 1984. -- this one mixed up between GNU & Linux.
                    The first free (as in freedom) Tamil font for Linux/Unix, TSCakaram,
                    was developed by Nagu Chinnaswamy. He also created the Akaram Text
                    editor and put both on the public domain. This is the first Tamil
                    Linux tool that I ever used! TSCakaram still remains very useful for
                    things like the Yudit Unicode editor.
                    - Ma. Sivakumar (in China/India) also did lots of translations for
                    Tamil KDE.

                    Thanks Vasee for the feedback. I'm looking for more feedback from
                    others to make this more complete or to correct any errors.

                    I request again, pls. Do not forward this yet.

                    regards.,
                    Prabu

                  • Saravanan Kandasamy
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 11, 2002
                      what have been done so far is definetly a 'BREAKTHROUGH'
                      ....the team deserves a pat on thier back....

                      pls carry on ur noble effort in which the Tamils in the
                      world would be grateful and indebted for ur gesture and
                      sensitivity.

                      I would help you by using and to promote the usage of ur
                      creation.... :)

                      good luck in your future ventures...

                      rgds
                      Saravanan Kandasamy

                      === message truncated ===

                      =====

                      Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
                      http://news.yahoo.com
                    • mani_m_manivannan
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 12, 2002
                        Congratulations everybody.

                        Now I need a favor from you. Will any of you be coming to the Tamil
                        Internet 2002 to demonstrate this first out of the box Tamil O/S?

                        The international media, radio, TV and print press are interested in this
                        development. Whether you are going to do the demo or not, you need to
                        issue a press release.

                        We also need several pictures. Quite a few of the media will be
                        interested in the screenshots. The shots must be good enough for a cover
                        story.

                        I need a volunteer to write the cover story in Tamil. Please include the
                        entire story, giving credit to those that did it in Tamil.

                        I would like to give this effort major publicity in TI2002.

                        Again, great job.

                        Regards,

                        Mani M. Manivannan
                        Chair, Tamil Internet 2002
                        "Can we "zha" on the net?"
                        http://www.infitt.org/ti2002/

                      • prabu_anand2000
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 12, 2002
                          Dear Friends,

                          Based on feedback from Vasee, i've made changes. If you feel any other
                          changes needs to be done, pls. drop an e-mail. I hope all the spelling
                          & factual mistakes are corrected now. If you find anything pls.
                          highlight them.

                          When will our parents and our Tamil friends in Tamilnadu see a 100%
                          Tamil computer? Without even a slightest knowledge of English, can i
                          ever use a Computer?

                          Yes friends, that day has come. Today you can use a computer without
                          knowing a word in English. These are the things that you can do with a
                          computer even if you only know Tamil.

                          currently,
                          1.you can send and receive e-mails in Tamil.
                          2.Browse internet in Tamil.
                          3.Write documents in Tamil. Create documents for writing letters,
                          books and all other purposes.
                          4.Print documents in Tamil.
                          5.Maintain accounts for your family/shops in Tamil.
                          6.create nice colorful presentations in Tamil.
                          7.create and Share Tamil documents with people who do not have Tamil.

                          8.Listen to music (MP3 songs)
                          9.You can chat/talk in the internet using computer with friends using
                          Tamil.
                          10.configure your own computer to connect to internet..
                          11.Add/remove software based on your needs
                          12.Completely configure your computer using friendly wizards.

                          Do you really think all these are possible? What should i do to all
                          these things in Tamil? How much does this cost?

                          Yes, friends all these things are possible. And this is possible
                          today. And this is possible in mandrake-Linux. mandrake9.0 supports
                          Tamil 100% out of the box. Please go here to see some nice pictures of
                          mandrake9.0
                          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tamilinix/files/misc
                          /screenshots/Mandrake/

                          If you're in hurry, please refer this document on how to get this
                          mandrake9.0 for yourself
                          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tamilinix/files/FAQ.pdf

                          and for others with some time to spare for Tamil here are the
                          details...

                          What is mandrake-Linux?

                          please allow me to explain what is Linux first.

                          Linux is another operating system like windows95/98/2000/XP. Good
                          points about Linux is it is easy to use and extremely reliable and
                          powerful. Linux is free to use and it is legal to share with your
                          friends and is ideally suited for people like us in India. This comes
                          bundled with all the necessary software for doing all the twelve
                          things given above. No need to buy any extra software,

                          Come on. How come your Linux is powerful and still free? Are you
                          joking?

                          No my friends, i am not joking. Linux is developed by thousands of
                          volunteers around the world and this is not owned by one single
                          company. This is the principle behind open source software. Yes, in
                          open source software people share their source code, which enables
                          others to find out problems and improve the software based on their
                          own needs/ideas. This is how, some great Tamil people have worked hard
                          in the past few years to bring Tamil to Linux. Please go here to get
                          more details about opensource, http://www.opensource.org

                          Linux is also a free software, free as in freedom and not free as in
                          free lunch. This free software movement was started as a protest
                          against proprietary software in 1984 and you can go here to get more
                          details. http://www.gnu.org

                          Linux is distributed by many companies around the world, and one such
                          popular and easy-to-use distribution that is focussed on new computer
                          users is Mandrake-Linux.

                          mandrake-linux is a french company who focus on international users,
                          people like tamils, arabs. malay, chineese etc.. An extremely helpful
                          person named Pablo Saratxaga has been driving this and has taken a
                          lead to support Tamil In Mandrake-Linux. Tamil enthusiasts should be
                          really thankful this friend of us.

                          Initially a Tamil enthusiast named Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram started
                          translating KDE, one of the first graphical desktop environments for
                          linux. Later he was joined by people like Venkataramanan, Vasee,
                          Gomathi and Ma. Sivakumar (in China/India.). Now, Vasee is actively
                          supporting KDE. In addition Vasee has modified a lot of open soucrce
                          software to support tamil including tamil keyboard. Without him, tamil
                          would have never reached this stage within this short time. D. Sivaraj
                          is another great enthusiast and kind person who developed console
                          support and always helped newbies to tamil linux like me in my early
                          days. Anbumani Subramanian started the tamilinix yahoo group, where
                          most of the action started and this where all the above things
                          progressed.

                          Dinesh has been working on the Gnome desktop environment and he also
                          has developed Tamil keyboard for Gnome.

                          The first free (as in freedom) Tamil font for Linux/Unix, TSCakaram,
                          was developed by Nagu Chinnaswamy. He also created the Akaram Text
                          editor and put both on the public domain. This is the first Tamil
                          Linux
                          tool that many people used! TSCakaram still remains very useful for
                          things like the Yudit Unicode editor.

                          Recently thanks to magnanimous offer of Sinnathurai Srivas, another
                          brilliant selfless individual, Tamil got free fonts. He gave away his
                          Avarangal fonts for e-kalappai, windows based Tamil software. He
                          readily consented to give his font for Linux too. Without his
                          beautiful font we can never get Tamil support in Linux.

                          with this Tamil becomes the first Indian language to be supported 100%
                          out of the box in an operating system. A user who knows only Tamil can
                          start using computer, thanks to mandrake9.0. Now onwards English is
                          not a pre-requisite for Tamils to use computer. However presently for
                          installing the operating system one needs English.

                          Mandrake9.0 uses TSCII. A lot of people joined to develop TSCII, the
                          Tamil encoding standard . This is widely used around the world by
                          Tamils. In windows through e-kalappai software anyone can read/write
                          in Tamil. Please go here for details http://www.tamil.net/tscii

                          Everything that you write in mandrake9.0 can be read in windows using
                          e-kalappai. For details on e-kalappai go here
                          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/e-Uthavi/files/ekalappai.htm

                          How can i help?

                          please join the tamilinix group by sending a e-mail to
                          tamilinix-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

                          1.Help distribute mandrake-linux to your friends. People who know only
                          Tamil will definitely appreciate your help.
                          2.There are a lot of excellent software available in English. All we
                          need are volunteers to ranslate these programs to Tamil.
                          Currently translation teams of KDE and Gnome needs people to help
                          Vasee and Dinesh. Please remember that translating software doesn't
                          require any technical knowledge. A simple English and Tamil knowledge
                          will do. You can do this in Windows/Mandrake-Linux machines.
                          3.Contribute more free Tamil fonts if you're font developer,
                          particularly Tamil Unicode fonts.
                          4.If you are a programmer, We need you to in coding conversion
                          utilities between Unicode and TSCII. Tamil dictionary module for
                          pspell/aspell needs to be developed that will help translation to
                          move faster.
                          5.Spread this message as much as possible as Tamil should leapfrog to
                          the newage. A lot of people have joined Dr. K. Kalyanasundaram to
                          make Project Madurai a reality. Visit
                          http://www.tamil.net/projectmadurai/ for details. They have brought a
                          lot of literature to Internet. Now it is time for us to bring more of
                          our treasures like sidha medicine to benefit ourselves and to enrich
                          our future generations.
                          6.We should work towards making Linux as the operating system of
                          choice for all Government work in Tamilnadu and this in addition to
                          reducing costs,will bring Information technology to all Tamils.

                          Regards.,
                          Prabu
                        • V. Venkataramanan
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 12, 2002
                            Mani,

                            Vasee, Sivaraj and I will be there in TI2002. I will bring my laptop (I
                            guess, vasee too) and we will have them as working demos. In addition, if
                            local people offer their computers to run as demo machines, we can install
                            Mandrake boxes and let them run during the conference. If they decide to
                            keep tamil linux and use it (why not), this will be an opportunity for them
                            to get linux installed in their machines without worrying about crashing the
                            running windows OS. We can make the machines dual booting. Typically we
                            need a space of 2 GB (incl. swap space).

                            If people do not want linux to be installed in their PC they still can help,
                            by lending their PCs, we can run Knoppix Tamil Demo CDs - without mounting
                            the hard disks and let people feel what is in store. We had three such boxes
                            running during TEEDOR expo and it was a great success.

                            I will draft an invitation letter to Local people to help us and you may
                            circulate that among the local participants.

                            Yes, I have been asked by the local TVs and Radios in Toronto to write a
                            press release and I will have one ready by this evening, (hopefully :-)

                            anpudan
                            venkat

                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 30, 2002
                              Is it possible to do the whole installation in Tamil
                              too. When I selected Tamil as the language of
                              installation, I am getting all junk. Okay. We need to
                              replace the standard font with a TSCII one. Can this
                              be done? Or is it already done and I have not read a
                              post on this issue?

                              Regards
                              Siva I

                              --- t_vasee <t_vasee@...> wrote: >

                              > Excellent work Prabu! ...downloading RC-1 as I write
                              > this.
                              >
                              > -Vasee
                              >
                              > --- In tamilinix@y..., "prabu_anand2000"
                              > <prabu_anand2000@y...>
                              > wrote:
                              > > Dear Friends,
                              > >
                              > > It's a very good news that upcoming Mandrake
                              > Linux9.0
                              > > will come with support for read/write with full
                              > tamil
                              > > menus out of the box.
                              > > here are some cool screenshots..

                              > > If you want to enjoy tamil, grab the 3 cd download
                              >
                              > > edition of mandrake9.0 rc1 today and enjoy tamil
                              > in
                              > > its full glory.
                              > >
                              > > Choose Tamil as your language of install.OK, the
                              > install is still
                              > > in English. Once installed you'll start enjoying
                              > tamil everywhere.
                              > > most of the commonly used drake tools are
                              > translated. Later i'll
                              > > upload a rpm with more translated apps like
                              > gnomemeeting/xmms
                              > etc..
                              > >
                              > > I take this opportunity to request all of you to
                              > share
                              > > the word to your friends/family members and if you
                              > can try
                              > > out rc1 today.
                              > >
                              > > Full thanks/credits goes to Vasee for KDE, Dinesh
                              > for
                              > > Gnome, Srivas for Fonts and our hero Pablo from
                              > Mandrakesoft.
                              > >
                              > > Regards.,
                              > > Prabu

                              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              =====
                              Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram
                              sshanmu@...
                              Ph: +91-80-55 66 071

                              visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com
                            • prabu_anand2000
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 30, 2002
                                Siva,

                                If you're using Mandrake9.0 Final, when you choose Tamil as language
                                of Installation, the install will continue in English. There should be
                                no Junk appearing.

                                About doing the full installation in Tamil, i will love to do. But my
                                skills in translating large help messages proved inadequate. Now
                                Thiru. Njaanavettiyaan is translating Installation part to Tamil. Once
                                he completes it i'll integrate them with the Mandrake Installer. So
                                when Mandrake9.1 comes out it will be 100% Tamil all the Way right
                                from Installation!!!

                                Pls.confirm the Mandrake Version you're using.