Is there Source Safe like Utility in Linux??

  • muguntharaj
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2002
      Hi All,
      Is there any source control utilities like Microsoft Visual Source safe in
      Linux environment???
      Please let me know.

      -Mugunth
    • Bharathi S
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2002
        On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, muguntharaj wrote:
        > Is there any source control utilities like Microsoft Visual Source safe in
        > Linux environment???

        cvs - Concurrent Versions System

        cvs keeps a single copy of the master sources. This copy is called the
        source ``repository''; it contains all the information to permit extracting
        previous software releases at any time based on either a symbolic revision
        tag, or a date in the past.

        see the man cvs. It will give you all basic infos

        Bye :)
        --
        --==| Bharathi S | BSB-364 DONLab | IIT-Madras |==--
        Friendship is enthroned on the strength
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2002
          Nandri Bharathi,
          -Mugunth