Can someone help me identify the brand of this machine???

  • George
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2007
      I have a manual countertop snack machine with 9 selections that I am
      trying to find coin mechanism pieces for so I can change my prices but
      I don't know the brand of the machine. It has no markings or labels.
      It is about 30 inches wide, 16 inches high, and 21 inches deep. the
      frame is gray and the door is black. There is a "Snackcenter" (one
      word) sticker across the front. The sticker is purple and orange with
      black lettering. I can post an image of the coin mech pieces if
      needed. Any help identifying it or helping me find the pieces would be
      greatly appreciated. George
    • George
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007
          Post the pic and I am sure that someone will be able
          to identify the machine for you.
          --- George <trickshot63@...> wrote:

          > I have a manual countertop snack machine with 9
          > selections that I am
          > trying to find coin mechanism pieces for so I can
          > change my prices but
          > I don't know the brand of the machine. It has no
          > markings or labels.
          > It is about 30 inches wide, 16 inches high, and 21
          > inches deep. the
          > frame is gray and the door is black. There is a
          > "Snackcenter" (one
          > word) sticker across the front. The sticker is
          > purple and orange with
          > black lettering. I can post an image of the coin
          > mech pieces if
          > needed. Any help identifying it or helping me find
          > the pieces would be
          > greatly appreciated. George

          The fish are biting.
        • Townsend Walton
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007
            You might try Edina. If you coin mechs are plastic and have different inserts for changing the coins, Edina probably could help you out.

            Tee

            George <trickshot63@...> wrote: I have a manual countertop snack machine with 9 selections that I am
            trying to find coin mechanism pieces for so I can change my prices but
            I don't know the brand of the machine. It has no markings or labels.
            It is about 30 inches wide, 16 inches high, and 21 inches deep. the
            frame is gray and the door is black. There is a "Snackcenter" (one
            word) sticker across the front. The sticker is purple and orange with
            black lettering. I can post an image of the coin mech pieces if
            needed. Any help identifying it or helping me find the pieces would be
            greatly appreciated. George

          • pennywisedistributing
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 5, 2007
              TRY SEAGA www.seagamfg.com . I HAVE ONE I BOUGHTAND THEY HAD THE
              PARTS, BUT REMEMBER THERE ARE A NUMBER OF THEM OUT THERE. WHAT I DID
              WAS SEND THEM A PICTURE OF THE MACHINE AND COIN MECH PARTS VIA E-MAIL
              AND IT SO HAPPENS THEY WERE THE MANUFACTURER OR AT LEAST THEIR PARTS
              WORKED
              THEY ALSO HAVE A NICE COMBO MACHINE THAT IS PRETTY MUCH FREE. HAAS DONE WELL FOR ME
              ANYWAY GOOD LUCK.
              Vendweb.com is a distributor for Seaga and you can reach our sales dept at 704-435-1466
              --- In talkvend@yahoogroups.com, "George" <trickshot63@...> wrote:

              > I have a manual countertop snack machine with 9 selections that I am
              > trying to find coin mechanism pieces for so I can change my prices but
              > I don't know the brand of the machine. It has no markings or labels.
              > It is about 30 inches wide, 16 inches high, and 21 inches deep. the
              > frame is gray and the door is black. There is a "Snackcenter" (one
              > word) sticker across the front. The sticker is purple and orange with
              > black lettering. I can post an image of the coin mech pieces if
              > needed. Any help identifying it or helping me find the pieces would be
              > greatly appreciated. George

            • Dave Gillespie
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 5, 2007
                I RE-READ MY POST AND IT SHOULD BE MAITENANCE FREE NOT
                FREE SORRY
                --- pennywisedistributing
                <pennywisedistributing@...> wrote:

                > TRY SEAGA www.seagamfg.com . I HAVE ONE I BOUGHTAND
                > THEY HAD THE
                > PARTS, BUT REMEMBER THERE ARE A NUMBER OF THEM OUT
                > THERE. WHAT I DID
                > WAS SEND THEM A PICTURE OF THE MACHINE AND COIN MECH
                > PARTS VIA E-MAIL
                > AND IT SO HAPPENS THEY WERE THE MANUFACTURER OR AT
                > LEAST THEIR PARTS
                > WORKED
                > THEY ALSO HAVE A NICE COMBO MACHINE THAT IS PRETTY
                > MUCH FREE. HAAS DONE WELL FOR ME
                > ANYWAY GOOD LUCK.
                > Vendweb.com is a distributor for Seaga and you can
                > reach our sales dept at 704-435-1466
                > --- In talkvend@yahoogroups.com, "George"
                > <trickshot63@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > I have a manual countertop snack machine with 9
                > selections that I am
                > > trying to find coin mechanism pieces for so I can
                > change my prices but
                > > I don't know the brand of the machine. It has no
                > markings or labels.
                > > It is about 30 inches wide, 16 inches high, and 21
                > inches deep. the
                > > frame is gray and the door is black. There is a
                > "Snackcenter" (one
                > > word) sticker across the front. The sticker is
                > purple and orange with
                > > black lettering. I can post an image of the coin
                > mech pieces if
                > > needed. Any help identifying it or helping me find
                > the pieces would be
                > > greatly appreciated. George

                Dave Gillespie
                President/Owner
                Penny Wise Distributing
                440 Groveland
                Creve Coeur,Il 61610

              • Brad Burkham
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 5, 2007
                  Got a picture?

                  Ivan Freely <ipfreely24u@...> wrote: Post the pic and I am sure that someone will be able

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 7, 2007
                    I've posted 2 pics of the machine I need to to get inserts for. they
                    are at "http://photos.yahoo.com/trickshot63/" in the folder "Georges
                    Snack". I will also post a pic of the coin mechanism when I can borrow
                    a camera again. I will try to explain the coin mech. To disassemble
                    the coin mech you first remove two nuts from their studs. The mech is
                    made in layers and it is not enclosed, it just comes apart in layers.
                    You remove the layers till you get to the area where you want to add
                    or remove a coin insert. They are made out of thick black plastic. An
                    insert "must" be added to all slots, whether it is a quarter, a dime
                    or a blank to block the slot. I'm sorry if I am not explaining this
                    clearly but I am new at this. Any ways I need some of the quarter
                    insert things. I thank anyone for any help...George
                  • George
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 10, 2007
                      I posted pics on http://photos.yahoo.com/trickshot63 in the album
                      named "Georges snack" (sorry for the bad quality but I only have a cell
                      phone camera at the moment). I need the part in the pic
                      titled "NEEDED". I will check with Seaga and Edina. Thanks for all the
                      effort so far and any future help...George
                    • Ivan Freely
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 11, 2007
                        Sounds like a Seaga type of mech. Not my favorite to
                        work with. I can't really see the picture very clearly
                        but it does not look like a Seaga machine.

                        I bet Lindell will know who makes that mech.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 11, 2007
                          George,

                          I have a bunch of spare parts for those mechs. Once you change them out a few times, they get easy to change. The hardest part of the assembly is putting the casing back on without knocking off any of the round spacers that go on the post by the metal coin checkers. If you need some parts, let me know what you need, I'm sure I've got what you are looking for.

                          Tee

                          George <trickshot63@...> wrote: I've posted 2 pics of the machine I need to to get inserts for. they

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 19, 2007
                            This is a little clearer pic of the part I need. It is at
                            http://photos.yahoo.com/trickshot63 in the album "Georges Snack". The
                            pic is titled "quarter insert". Any help would be greatly greatly
                            appreciated. Thanks, George