stolen machine

  • liongirl490
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1 4:26 PM
      We just had a triple stolen. First one, and it would be nice if it
      was our last.
      My husband is really upset. We had a double there and went to check
      it the first time and it was bent at the bar. It looked like
      someone had leaned on it. I think I posted this before. We did not
      know why or if it was the bar and the people working there didn't
      know anything about it. So, we pulled it because it did $50.00 in
      three weeks and put in a triple as it would be sturdier.
      Went to service it today and it had been 3 and 1/2 weeks and no
      machine!! Just gone. The owner wasn't there and the worker
      said, "oh about a week or so ago we had some things stolen from the
      restaurant". No phone call or anything! We had a sticker on the
      machine and paid him commission. He had several of our business
      cards and no call.
      It is really rude. We have a call in to the police to report it and
      see if they filed a report for theft.
      Oh well, bad day.
      Casey
    • liongirl490
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1 6:48 PM
        Update:
        Police returned our call and said that they are called out there all
        of the time. He said, "not the best place to put the candy
        machine!!" So, do we have to call the police to check on our
        locations references first?
        LOL (not really!)
        Casey
        --- In talkvend@yahoogroups.com, "liongirl490" <Pepperbirdy@a...>
        wrote:
        > We just had a triple stolen. First one, and it would be nice if
        it
        > was our last.
        > My husband is really upset. We had a double there and went to
        check
        > it the first time and it was bent at the bar. It looked like
        > someone had leaned on it. I think I posted this before. We did
        not
        > know why or if it was the bar and the people working there didn't
        > know anything about it. So, we pulled it because it did $50.00 in
        > three weeks and put in a triple as it would be sturdier.
        > Went to service it today and it had been 3 and 1/2 weeks and no
        > machine!! Just gone. The owner wasn't there and the worker
        > said, "oh about a week or so ago we had some things stolen from
        the
        > restaurant". No phone call or anything! We had a sticker on the
        > machine and paid him commission. He had several of our business
        > cards and no call.
        > It is really rude. We have a call in to the police to report it
        and
        > see if they filed a report for theft.
        > Oh well, bad day.
        > Casey
      • kamrad
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 1 7:18 PM
          Casey,

          Sorry to hear about you your machine getting stolen.
          As a inspiring bulk vending buisness owner I guess now
          would be a good time to find out information on
          insurance on vending machines. Could you give some
          insite on where do you go from here? Do you file a
          claim with your insurance? What kind of policy is
          required? And on a personal note, do you plan on
          putting a machine back at that location and/or doing
          your own investigation regarding in effort to find
          your machine?

          James

          =====
          Kamrad98@...

          http://tax.yahoo.com
        • kamrad
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 1 7:19 PM
            Casey,

            Sorry to hear about you your machine getting stolen.
            As a inspiring bulk vending buisness owner I guess now
            would be a good time to find out information on
            insurance on vending machines. Could you give some
            insite on where do you go from here? Do you file a
            claim with your insurance? What kind of policy is
            required? And on a personal note, do you plan on
            putting a machine back at that location and/or doing
            your own investigation regarding in effort to find
            your machine?

            James
            --- liongirl490 <Pepperbirdy@...> wrote:
            > Update:
            > Police returned our call and said that they are
            > called out there all
            > of the time. He said, "not the best place to put
            > the candy
            > machine!!" So, do we have to call the police to
            > check on our
            > locations references first?
            > LOL (not really!)
            > Casey
            > --- In talkvend@yahoogroups.com, "liongirl490"
            > <Pepperbirdy@a...>
            > wrote:
            > > We just had a triple stolen. First one, and it
            > would be nice if
            > it
            > > was our last.
            > > My husband is really upset. We had a double there
            > and went to
            > check
            > > it the first time and it was bent at the bar. It
            > looked like
            > > someone had leaned on it. I think I posted this
            > before. We did
            > not
            > > know why or if it was the bar and the people
            > working there didn't
            > > know anything about it. So, we pulled it because
            > it did $50.00 in
            > > three weeks and put in a triple as it would be
            > sturdier.
            > > Went to service it today and it had been 3 and 1/2
            > weeks and no
            > > machine!! Just gone. The owner wasn't there and
            > the worker
            > > said, "oh about a week or so ago we had some
            > things stolen from
            > the
            > > restaurant". No phone call or anything! We had a
            > sticker on the
            > > machine and paid him commission. He had several
            > of our business
            > > cards and no call.
            > > It is really rude. We have a call in to the
            > police to report it
            > and
            > > see if they filed a report for theft.
            > > Oh well, bad day.
            > > Casey

            =====
            Kamrad98@...

            http://tax.yahoo.com
          • steve
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 1 8:50 PM
              Casey, sorry to hear of this, but it's part of this biz, better get a
              tougher skin, because if you plan to stay and grow with your
              business, it wont be your last, guaranteed!!.... just some friendly
              advice, take it for what its
              worth,,,

              --- In
              talkvend@yahoogroups.com, "liongirl490" <Pepperbirdy@a...> wrote:
              > We just had a triple stolen. First one, and it would be nice if it
              > was our last.
              > My husband is really upset. We had a double there and went to
              check
              > it the first time and it was bent at the bar. It looked like
              > someone had leaned on it. I think I posted this before. We did
              not
              > know why or if it was the bar and the people working there didn't
              > know anything about it. So, we pulled it because it did $50.00 in
              > three weeks and put in a triple as it would be sturdier.
              > Went to service it today and it had been 3 and 1/2 weeks and no
              > machine!! Just gone. The owner wasn't there and the worker
              > said, "oh about a week or so ago we had some things stolen from the
              > restaurant". No phone call or anything! We had a sticker on the
              > machine and paid him commission. He had several of our business
              > cards and no call.
              > It is really rude. We have a call in to the police to report it
              and
              > see if they filed a report for theft.
              > Oh well, bad day.
              > Casey
            • liongirl490
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 2 10:20 AM
                James,
                Thank you.
                We do not have theft insurance on our machines. The deductible
                alone would be more than the machine. A triple doesn't cost an arm
                and a leg like deductibles do! :)
                I don't think people have theft insurance, but some do get liability.
                We will deduct the cost of the machine minus any depreciation (still
                pretty new), the product and dollars lost in the machine at the end
                of the year. I have a police report number.
                My husband is going to talk to the manager, but I highly doubt it
                will turn up anything other than a "discussion." Just something to
                make my husband feel better.
                No, we will not put a machine back there as the officer said that
                they are called out there all the time at night for various
                troubles. Our machine was located inside (not in the doorway) and
                next to the hostess, so it obviously was not a good choice of
                restaurants and probably would happen again.
                Thanks everyone for letting me tell my story. You hear others say
                it happens all the time, but when it happens to you it feels like
                you are the only one.
                Casey

              • liongirl490
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 2 6:34 PM
                  Steve,
                  If these boards aren't making me tougher I don't know what will!
                  Casey

                  --- In talkvend@yahoogroups.com, "steve" <qonly1@y...> wrote:
                  > Casey, sorry to hear of this, but it's part of this biz, better
                  get a
                  > tougher skin, because if you plan to stay and grow with your
                  > business, it wont be your last, guaranteed!!.... just some
                  friendly
                  > advice, take it for what its

                  worth,,,

                  > --- In
                  > talkvend@yahoogroups.com, "liongirl490" <Pepperbirdy@a...> wrote:
                  > > We just had a triple stolen. First one, and it would be nice if
                  it
                  > > was our last.
                  > > My husband is really upset. We had a double there and went to
                  > check
                  > > it the first time and it was bent at the bar. It looked like
                  > > someone had leaned on it. I think I posted this before. We did
                  > not
                  > > know why or if it was the bar and the people working there
                  didn't
                  > > know anything about it. So, we pulled it because it did $50.00
                  in
                  > > three weeks and put in a triple as it would be sturdier.
                  > > Went to service it today and it had been 3 and 1/2 weeks and no
                  > > machine!! Just gone. The owner wasn't there and the worker
                  > > said, "oh about a week or so ago we had some things stolen from
                  the
                  > > restaurant". No phone call or anything! We had a sticker on
                  the
                  > > machine and paid him commission. He had several of our business
                  > > cards and no call.
                  > > It is really rude. We have a call in to the police to report it
                  > and
                  > > see if they filed a report for theft.
                  > > Oh well, bad day.
                  > > Casey
                • steve
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 2 6:55 PM
                    LOL!!!!!!!! i hear
                    ya

                    <Pepperbirdy@a...> wrote:
                    > Steve,
                    > If these boards aren't making me tougher I don't know what will!
                    > Casey
                    >
                    > --- In talkvend@yahoogroups.com, "steve" <qonly1@y...> wrote:
                    > > Casey, sorry to hear of this, but it's part of this biz, better
                    > get a
                    > > tougher skin, because if you plan to stay and grow with your
                    > > business, it wont be your last, guaranteed!!.... just some
                    > friendly
                    > > advice, take it for what its

                    worth,,,

                    > > --- In
                    > > talkvend@yahoogroups.com, "liongirl490" <Pepperbirdy@a...> wrote:
                    > > > We just had a triple stolen. First one, and it would be nice
                    if
                    > it
                    > > > was our last.
                    > > > My husband is really upset. We had a double there and went to
                    > > check
                    > > > it the first time and it was bent at the bar. It looked like
                    > > > someone had leaned on it. I think I posted this before. We
                    did
                    > > not
                    > > > know why or if it was the bar and the people working there
                    > didn't
                    > > > know anything about it. So, we pulled it because it did $50.00
                    > in
                    > > > three weeks and put in a triple as it would be sturdier.
                    > > > Went to service it today and it had been 3 and 1/2 weeks and no
                    > > > machine!! Just gone. The owner wasn't there and the worker
                    > > > said, "oh about a week or so ago we had some things stolen from
                    > the
                    > > > restaurant". No phone call or anything! We had a sticker on
                    > the
                    > > > machine and paid him commission. He had several of our
                    business
                    > > > cards and no call.
                    > > > It is really rude. We have a call in to the police to report
                    it
                    > > and
                    > > > see if they filed a report for theft.
                    > > > Oh well, bad day.
                    > > > Casey
                  • sircruizer
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 2 7:24 PM
                      I am waiting for my first machine to get stolen. I know it will
                      happen. It's bound to happen. I am doubling my route almost every
                      month now... Just like wal-mart or retail stores like it, there is
                      theft... Its just a fact of business and vending. What I am hoping is
                      none of the big guys around here start sabatoging my machines and
                      stealing them trying to run me out.. I have bad dreams about that all
                      the time. I am very skeptical about things that are to good to be
                      true and vending seems to be that way! I am making awesome returns on
                      my machines and its FUN! I have done a number of business, all but
                      one being successful. This has been the easiest and the 2nd most
                      profitable in a short amount of time.. Although its the second it is
                      the most dependable. TRUE backbone of my multistream income system!
                      AGain, just to good to be true. Even if I have one or two machines
                      stolen a year that is nothing compared to the loss in some companies!

                      wrote:
> [...]
                      > > > --- In talkvend@yahoogroups.com, "liongirl490"
                      > > > <Pepperbirdy@a...>
                      > > > would be nice if
                      > > > it
                      > > > and went to
                      > > > check
                      > > > looked like
                      > > > before. We did
                      > > > not
                      > > > working there didn't
                      > > > it did $50.00 in
                      > > > sturdier.
                      > > > weeks and no
                      > > > the worker
                      > > > things stolen from
                      > > > the
                      > > > sticker on the
                      > > > of our business
                      > > > police to report it
                      > > > and
                      > > >

                      > > =====
                      > > Kamrad98@y...

                      > > Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more
                    • liongirl490
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 2 7:36 PM
                        Nice thoughts Jim, but we both know it is gone!!! With the wind!!!
                        Now, is that a song?
                        Casey

                      • liongirl490
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 3 2:58 PM
                          You don't know how appropriate that is. The restaurant was one of
                          those train restaurants! LOL

                        • Brandon Eggleston
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 3 4:46 PM
                            little off topic here... Ok, as some know, Oklahoma is
                            NOT that creative of a state... So what I want to know
                            is what in the world is a train resteraunt? That
                            sounds kinda cool!!

                            --- liongirl490 <Pepperbirdy@...> wrote:
                            > You don't know how appropriate that is. The
                            > restaurant was one of
                            > those train restaurants! LOL
                            > Casey
                            > --- In talkvend@yahoogroups.com, camotion2002
                            > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                            > > Goodbye Tuesday train roll on..... that shows my
                            > age.Jim
                            > >

                            > > --- In talkvend@yahoogroups.com, "liongirl490"
                            > <Pepperbirdy@a...>
                            > > wrote:
                            > > > Nice thoughts Jim, but we both know it is
> [...]
                            === message truncated ===

                            =====
                            Brandon Eggleston
                            Mystic-Gem Enterprises "Tomorrows ideas, born today"
                            405-413-8336

                            http://tax.yahoo.com
                          • Pepperbirdy@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 3 5:20 PM
                              A bunch of old train cars hooked together in different areas. Each train car
                              is a dining room. There are tables on the sides and a middle isle. They
                              build these around a main building area. The trains are restored and painted
                              colorfully and usually there are all kinds of pictures of the "old railroad
                              days" Don't other states have these or is this a California thing?
                              Casey

                            • Brandon Eggleston
                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 3 7:36 PM
                                OH that sounds to cool!! You would THINK that Oklahoma
                                would have something like that.. I moved from Enid,
                                about a population of 50K, and there was a BIG train
                                musuem.. We were a main hub for a lot of the railroads
                                and back in the hayday of Enid we were also the "Wheat
                                Capitol" of the country. Sometimes I forget that a lot
                                of people dont know what is or have never seen a grain
                                elevator!! So you would expect with the amount of
                                train related stuff you would see one of those in
                                Oklahoma. I would love to visit one sometime and see
                                what its like. Sounds really interesting.

                                =====
                                Brandon Eggleston
                                Mystic-Gem Enterprises "Tomorrows ideas, born today"
                                405-413-8336

                                http://tax.yahoo.com
                              • jaime sibrian
                                Message 15 of 15 , Apr 5 1:15 AM
                                  --- liongirl490 <Pepperbirdy@...> wrote:
                                  > You don't know how appropriate that is. The
                                  > restaurant was one of
                                  > those train restaurants! LOL
                                  > Casey
                                  > --- In talkvend@yahoogroups.com, camotion2002
                                  > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                  > > Goodbye Tuesday train roll on..... that shows my
                                  > age.Jim
                                  > >

                                  > > --- In talkvend@yahoogroups.com, "liongirl490"
                                  > <Pepperbirdy@a...>
                                  > > wrote:
                                  > > > Nice thoughts Jim, but we both know it is
> [...]
                                  === message truncated ===