Common House Plan Features : Apnaghar House Plan

  • Apna Ghar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2011
      Building a Home is always a dream come true for us. So that our house is more than a place to call home. It is an investment for our family's future. For example : we invest our money in good places for a better return. A bad decision in investment cost us losses of money. The same is true if we chose the wrong house floor plan. In the same way a house is a secured place for our family which provides security and shelter in a relaxed environment. It should look appealing in its presentation and also placement of bedroom, toilets, kitchen, utility areas, drawing & dining should provide luxury with comfort. If the floor plan design includes the things desired by us then only it can be a dream home.

      House floor plans lay the foundation for a value packed home by including great home design ideas and being adaptable for future needs. When choosing from the thousands of plans out on the web or working with an Architectural company on our custom home, include features in our floor plans that are not so unique to our style.

      Below are the most common features of Home Plan most desired by home plan buyers. Most house plans may not have all these features; however, the more you have included the better.

      1. Spacious kitchen with plenty of storage – In any family women especially rules in this area of the home. The floor plan should indicate plenty of counter space to work on. Cabinets are also very important for use in storage. The kitchen Space planning should allow two cooks to work together without feeling congested. Pantry's are also a must. Now a days Placement of Kitchen should be done according to Vstu Shastra.

      2. Keeping rooms - This space is desired in larger homes with the available square footage. This room is more of a mid size family room adjoining the kitchen and dining room. For homes with 2 two story grand rooms and large family rooms, the keeping room provides a cozy spot for the family's day to day activities.

      3. Master bedroom with a sitting area - The master bedroom has a specific importance in any home plan. Basically Master Bedroom is a place where the master of house stays. The Master Bedroom should have enough space to accommodate a queen or king size bed, Corner tables, Dressing tables, Wardrobes with room to spare. The sitting area is a bonus within the master retreat allowing a space for at minimum a couple of chairs and an end table. A more elaborate sitting room has a fireplace with shelving and place for a television. This provides a luxury style to any Home Plan.

      4. Master bath or Toilet - Must have separate vanity's, bath tub, wash basin and shower, design to be open and bright with plenty of natural light. If the budget allows, a his and hers bath is an excellent upgrade. It should provide dual vanities, dual water closets, a shower for him with access for her and a tub for her. Stylish bathroom fittings and accessories will provide add-on luxury and comfort. It also increase the style and beauty of Master Bedroom.

      5. Nice Closet - Especially for the woman of the house, a nice closet is always a added feature in any home plan. Separate closets are much more desirable. In addition, upgrading the closets with a closet organizing system is truly a good investment.

      6. Bedroom on the main floor (Mostly applicable in 2 story or duplex home plan) – If the master is on the main floor, this is fine. A guest bed in addition to the master on the main is even better. However, if all bedrooms are on the second floor, adding a guest bed on the main floor is a wise choice. It can serve multiple needs in addition to lodging for overnight guest. Other uses could be a library or home office.

      7. Mudroom or Laundry – Mudroom or Laundry are one of the most requested features in any home plan. It Provides the homeowner a place to use as a buffer between the outdoors and the home interior. The mudroom or laundry serves as a docking area to drop off keys, jackets & coats, dirty shoes, umbrellas, and other nic-nak items without dragging these things into the main part of the home.

      8. Bonus room - If the floor plan design allows for this, by all means, include this space.It can also be created as utility room, study room, rest room etc. Bonus rooms are the wildcard's, giving homeowners the ability to personalize this room to their liking, starting from a clean slate.

      9. Covered entrance - More and more homeowners are trending towards some sort of covered porch or covered stoop to provide shelter from weather conditions at the homes main entrance. Most come to this conclusion after living in a home that lacked this featured.

      10. Storage – Store room could be placed with kitchen, with Bedrooms, with utility or on terrace.

      Combining the above home plan ideas in addition to the normal plan features (i.e. bedrooms, living, dining, family or keeping room), will gives us best value for our money.

      Visit us at www.apnaghar.co.in