Urgently need Corbusier quote

  • kenrkenr
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2004
      I urgently need a quote from Le Corbusier's "The Decorative Arts of
      Today". I'm working from a Spanish translation, and need the exact
      wording from the English language edition. The paragraph I need
      appears (I think) less than 20 pages from the end of the book, and
      goes something like this:

      "Today I am astonished by the singular beauty of the plan of a
      cathedral, and stupefied by the singular poverty of the work itself.
      The plan and the gothic style are magnificent, sparkling in their
      ingeniousness, but they cannot be realized by inspecting them with
      one's eyes."

      I would be extremely grateful if someone could send me the complete
      paragraph as it appears in the English version. I need it by Sunday
      night (September 5).

      Thanks in advance

      Kenneth