Re: [Talkin' About Architecture] Re: hey Gareth

  • Gareth Kempster
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2004
      Hi, Kunal

      I think most people here would agree that if you *really* like your
      sleep, during term-time anyway, then architecture isn't the course for you.

      After speaking to the other chaps on my course, pretty much everyone
      spent every day over the Christmas "holiday" working into the early hours.

      But don't be put off... Come the evening after a review/hand-in, all
      architecture students know how to play hard too :)

      Despite the long hours and hard work, I can't imagine doing anything
      else. Most students would agree, I think.

      Welcome aboard, Kunal.

      All the best,

      Gareth

      --
      Gareth Kempster
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2004
        This is very true... the lack of sleep, the partying after the final
        review..everything! You begin to appreciate sleep more, as well as
        understand the importance of time management. However, after 4.5
        years for me in architecture, I've finally learned the importance of
        sleeping before a crit... it WILL help you to focus when you're
        presenting.

        Of course this shouldn't scare you because at least at my school,
        pulling an all-nighter can (and usually is) a fun time because your
        peers are up and working in the studio as well...the music cranked.
        most of the time dancing occurs when we become silly. I also believe
        I have some of the best friends in the architecture dept because we
        spend so much time together in studio as well as other classes. And
        even if you don't know anyone, they will become your closest
        friends.

        Hope this helps, but doesn't scare you away! Architecture is a lot
        of fun, if you make it fun. Just think... what other major are you
        allowed to build models, render drawings (either on the computer or
        by hand), play with k'nex(at least we do...)?

        Lynn