help required

  • manish.dixit
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004
      hello all,
      im not that new to this group now, as u all know im in my final year
      in architecture and my thesis topic is WATER TRANSPORT TERMINAL FOR
      PASSENGERS or CRUISE TERMINAL.
      i need some help and advice from architecturally knowledged people
      in our group from the requirement i need to add for my proposed
      building(structure).
      i have already listed some of the point. please help me to add some
      few that you all feel importent. i would be oblidged with any help i
      get.
      here are some of my points:

      1 Entrance lobby
      2 Waiting lounge
      3 Restaurant/cafeteria
      4 Shopping arcade
      5 Immigration check
      6 Baggage claim
      7 Customs department
      8 Toilets ( public/staff)
      9 Security check
      10 Parking
      11 Information centre
      12 Ticket checking centre
      13 Departure lounge
      14 Port terminal authority
      15 Communication centre
      16 Tourism department
      17 Booking office
      18 Wharft or berth area
      19 Pollution control office
      20 Taxi and bus booking office
      21 Police department office
      22 Staff pantry/cafeteria
      23 Kitchen/storage
      24 Ac plant room
      25 Electric sub-station
      26 Fire fighting department
      27 Maintenance department
      28 Store room for maintenance
      29 Ship/vessel workshop
      30 Local transportation office
      31 Local transportation waiting lounge
      32 Viewing deck
      33 Supply storage area
      34 Cargo handling area
      35 Staff entrance
      36 Service entrance

      hope i get some positive response from all.
      thanking you
      manish.dixit
      manish@...
    • edin_a_proud_nyer
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
        HI ... I would seriously recommend you look at the Port of Miami ...
        here are some sites for you ...

        http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/portofmiami/

        http://www.theportofmiami.com/

        It might also help you to look at some sites for really great airports
        ...such as Sir Norman Foster's Stansted in London

        http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Stansted_Airport.html

        or his Chek Lap Kok in Hong Kong

        http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Chek_Lap_Kok.html

        There are others too ... while they are not cruise ports ... they may
        give you wonderful ideas regarding the movement of people from place
        to place, security, check in etc ... ALL important issues whether you
        are talking airports or passenger terminals, no??

        Keep talking ... I will be around with more info ... Edin

        --- In talkinaboutarchitecture@yahoogroups.com, "manish.dixit"

      • manish.dixit
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
          thank you eden, i would surely check in with those sites, i really
          appreciate your help.
          happy new year
          regards
          manish

          --- In talkinaboutarchitecture@yahoogroups.com, edin_a_proud_nyer

        • joee8118
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
            how about checking out Yokohama's Airport Terminal?
            It is passenger terminal. Here is a site about it. I think it has
            been posted here before? The terminal is a good example how form
            guides people movement... i love it.

            http://www.architectureweek.com/2002/0626/design_2-1.html

            jo
          • thrakcat
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
              Yep, it has...
              Message #3149 is dedicated to the FOA japanese terminal... links,
              pics and other stories.

              jan

              --- In talkinaboutarchitecture@yahoogroups.com, joee8118