The Keops Law
- I have to laugh at the quote at the top there Jan ... love it ... I
have a little sign over my drafting table called The Newton Law - it
says ... "Gravity - it's not just a good idea - its the LAW" ... An
engineering professor that I loved very much used to point that law
out to me all the time ... Perhaps that is why I design mostly
interiors and not bridges ... laughs ... Edin
- --- In email@example.com, edin_a_proud_nyer
> I have to laugh at the quote at the top there Jan ... love it ... Ilol, well.. gravity can be a good, er.. device sometimes, but the law
> have a little sign over my drafting table called The Newton Law - it
> says ... "Gravity - it's not just a good idea - its the LAW" ... An
> engineering professor that I loved very much used to point that law
> out to me all the time ... Perhaps that is why I design mostly
> interiors and not bridges ... laughs ... Edin
is the law, you know that....
here are some more quotes:
Top Ten Architectural Quotes
by Dennis M. Pillsbury, AIA
From the original research department in Hopland, California, the top
ten Architectural Quotes:
10. "Architecture begins when you place two bricks carefully
together." - Mies van der Rohe.
9. "Men mold some cities, some cities mold men." - Sidney Sheldon (I
never knew if 'mold' meant 'to form' or 'to mildew.')
8. "The most important thing about Spaceship earth - an instruction
booklet didn't come with it." - Buckminster Fuller.
7. "The man who does not make mistakes seldom makes anything." - John
6. "Cheops Law: Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within
budget." - unknown slave.
5. "Architecture is the handwriting of Man." - Bernard Maybeck.
4. "A doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect can only advise
his client to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright.
3. "I've been building houses for twenty-five years and I ain't never
seen anything like this." - anonymous contractor.
2. "That's just the sort of blinkered philistine pig ignorance I've
come to expect from you non-creative garbage." - John Cleese.
1. "I had to be an architect - that's all they taught me." - Bruce