Re: WTC DECISION IS OUT!!!

  • thrakcat
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 7:23 AM
      lol... yeah, he was born in Poland, but moved very early to the US
      and became an american citizen at 19 y.o... now he's 57... soooo..
      he's been an american architect for 38 years..
      ..i think he established himself in Berlin for the Jewish museum he
      won in 1989... but still he is an american member, huh?
      ..anyway, congrats to mr. Libeskind..

      now, that Hadid is on the table... i wonder if an IRAQI (and british)
      WOMAN architect would ever had any chance with the WTC competition...

      --- In talkinaboutarchitecture@yahoogroups.com, edin_a_proud_nyer
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > The announcement was supposed to be in the morning - but AP has
      just
      > leaked this ... IT'S LIEBESKIND!!!!!!!! Now who here said it
      wouldnt
      > go to anyone but an American firm??? Congrats to Studio
      Liebeskind -
      > I was with you from the beginning - cant wait to see your next
      phase
      > of design developments... Edin
      >
      > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?
      > tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030227/ap_on_re_us/attacks_redevelopment_20
    • baadsmandsstraede
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 18 9:03 AM
        Hi

        --- In talkinaboutarchitecture@yahoogroups.com, "chuckyd678
        <chuckyd678@a...>" <chuckyd678@a...> wrote:

        > I was not wanting Liebeskind to win the award, but everybody knows
        > that only a tall tower is the right thing to do. I think most
        > proposals stayed away from incredible heights because they were
        > gunshy. The winner still doesn't look right to me. Curves are in
        > today and they will be out again soon. Like Will Rogers said, "The
        > simpler it is, the better it is."

        Now please se, that I produced this type of Towers even before 9/11
        ------- They are acturly best made in a 3D-H framework structure but
        please se the Towers as the emty Towers I been develobing and writing
        about from the start.
        Beside these Towers I call Tower-Hall ,they are entrance to the low
        structure behind the Tower halls but very important you must se that
        there are a "Gate" reaching the sky and a roof.
        Emagine these greatest halls when you enter and look up ; now please
        accept that I have not "taken" this idear and that this idear is very
        different , as the Tower-Hall are emty forming the greatest Hall
        build beside no one have projected Gates that reach the sky.
        You will find the twin idear and steel frame towers among the
        graphics in this link , that is from _before_ 9/11 ;

        http://w1.1396.telia.com/~u139600113/a

        Beside I just uploaded ( hope moderator still accept ) 3 new
        graphics, in the 3D-H folder in the Photos folder of this group.
        Maby you can reach it here ;

        http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/talkinaboutarchitecture/3D-H/wtc-
        3f.jpg?bcY80d.AEc2M91PO

        Anyway the Tower-Hall low structure work perfect with old high-rise
        buildings as you can check in these links ;

        http://www.designcommunity.com/scrapbook/2440.html

        http://www.designcommunity.com/scrapbook/2439.html

        http://www.designcommunity.com/scrapbook/2436.html
        Anyway the Towers done to check 3D-H for producing Towers can be seen
        here to ;

        http://www.designcommunity.com/scrapbook/2422.html

        And another old twin Tower "viewtopia" can be seen here ;

        http://www.designcommunity.com/scrapbook/2037.html

        Emty Towers as a Tower-Hall, from the idear of a "build-around" been
        my attitude from the start, please check the WTC testbench group ;

        Please check the graphics in the Photos folders.

        Per Corell
        Nice talking to you.