Re: Hadid project on the table

  • chuckyd678 <chuckyd678@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2003
      --- In talkinaboutarchitecture@yahoogroups.com, Mike S
      <bearchitect2b@y...> wrote:

      > Hi all... I've been a member of this group for about a month now,
      and it has taken me this long just to get caught up on the postings
      for this year! I'm an architecture student outside of Chicago, and
      have a design question that I was hoping someone could help me out
      with.

      > I'm doing a project that focuses on speed, motion, and perception.
      I've created an 'architectural intervention' and the resultant,
      according to my prof, looks like Ms. Hadid's work. This is quite
      scary, considering I started out using Frank Lloyd Wright's Unity
      Temple as my source drawings!

      > I am having a terrible time finding out very much about her
      process, and very few sources go int the whole speed/motion/2d/3d
      aspect of her highly sculptural work. Can anyone point me in the
      right direction for some more scholastically-challenging data on her
      work, especially via the web?

      > Thanks. I'm really enjoying the frank honesty and helpfulness of
      this group and look forward to many long nights reading back issues
      of the conversations. ;)

      > Mike Spadafore

      Why do you want to crib someone else's work? The whole idea of
      college is to learn to create on your own. It's not about what speed,
      motion, and perception means to FLW or Habib or anyone else. It's
      about what speed, motion, and perception mean to you.