Pasiplepekime 14:00 http://www.worknets.org/chat/
- Praeitą savaitę Zenono Anušausko surengtame "Aš Lietuvai" idėjų
pristatyme pristačiau "Minčių sodo" pasiplepėjimo svetainę, chat
Kviečiu prisijungti ketvirtadienį, lapkričio 5tą dieną (šiandien) 14:00
ir pabendrauti su mumis anglų kalba (galim kažkiek ir lietuvių kalba).
Tikimės svečių iš Afrikos ir Europos, kartais būna ir iš Indijos,
Brazilijos ir kitų šalių.
Paskambinkit, jeigu kas.
Andrius Kulikauskas, Minčių sodas, http://www.ms.lt, ms@..., +370 699
I look forward to chatting with you and all at
http://www.worknets.org/chat/ on Thursday, November 5, 13.00 Nigerian
time, 15,00 Kenyan time, 12.00 GMT, London time. (There's also a chat
on Saturday, too).
Yes, there's great ways how the same content could appear both at our
Worknets wiki and at the Dadamac website. One example of how we do this
is that http://www.pyramidofpeace.net is edited at:
It would be great if we might think of Dadamac as a brand for certain
recommended knowledge and activities (like beekeeping) and experts (like
Franz mentioned Perl which is the programming language that ProWiki is
written in. (He misspelled it "pearl" though).
Andrius Kulikauskas, Minciu Sodas, http://www.ms.lt, ms@...
Hi Andrius, Sasha and Franz
I am looking at how we bring various things together.
* Beekeeping has come up at recent First Thursdays
* Sasha is one of the people interested in it
* Dadamac was working on Beekeeping last year related to Attachab -
fact finding and planning - but no money to move things forward to
pay trainer etc
* Marcus Simmons knows Attachab
* Marcus Simmons is in Nigeria again now - his visit will help
various things to move on.
* We are trying to make Dadamac activities more visible via
Dadamac.net (long slow job)
* If the Dadamac beekeeping group restarts we will try to make
updates available via Dadamac.net
* Sasha has already collected up great information related to
Beekeeing on the worknets wiki
* We need to consider best way to make connections between his
existing info and info relevant to the Dadamac beekeeping group,
adn new info we will generate.
* We do not want to duplicate effort
* Dadamac and Minciu Sodas have a lot in common - we want to find
the right working relationship so we complement each other and
benefit from each others strengths.
* Franz wrote recently on global villages ref pro-wiki and its great
* I'm expecting that soon www.dadamac.net <http://www.dadamac.net>
will start to generate some collections of info that will be in
the public domain
* Such collections, as they grow, may well need organising in a wiki
kind of way
* We used a wiki when we did out first Teachers Talking work -
unfortunately not under our control and removed without and
warning - all info lost.
* The wiki was a good place to put info - but - had we continued to
develop it we would have wanted to develop some additional features.
* Later we did some experiments with Moodle - and that influenced my
thinking on how I will ultimately want to manipulate info that
gets generated through Dadamac - but that is for another more
detailed discussion later
* If we get the right connection between Sasha's beekeeping wiki
info and Dadamac group then I hope we will work in a similar close
way ref info for other dadamac groups
I hope we can explore this through LFEO and First Thursday
Hi Andrius and Everyone
Next Thursday - November 5th is first Thursday of the month again. So
it's time for my usual invitation to you to join me in the chat room,
and my usual thanks to Andrius for making it possible. All being well I
will be around for an hour as usual starting - 13.00 Nigerian time,
15,00 Kenyan time, 12.00 GMT
Please remember too that Saturday Nov 7th we will be back in the
chatroom for the annual Teachers Talking - self-directed Learners -
Dadamac celebration of how the Internet helps us to work together and
learn. 10.00 GMT. 11.00 Nigerian time. 13.00 East African Time. I hope
there will be some newcomers joining us from the UK as we will be at an
event called BarCampAfrica. More details here
There were many topics raised at the October First Thursday, and as a
result none of them were covered in sufficient depth. This list of the
topics is written from memory several weeks later so is probably
incomplete - but the discussion included:
* Attracting expert volunteers
* Technical problems related to computers, phones and going online
* Water carts
Perhaps at the November meeting we can use that list as the starting
point for an agenda, and deal with each item in turn. We can also try to
include Any Other Business, where people can mention new topics. If you
can let me have your thoughts on this before First Thursday that would
help us to arrange things in a way that suits most people.
To enter the chat room go to http://www.worknets .org/chat/ base/
Any problems or uncertainties about using the chat room please let me
know. Obviously the people who arrive know how to get there - but there
may be other people who need more help to find their way in. Please give
feedback here if there are any difficulties. We do not want anyone to be