Aciu! "Minciu sodo" verslo galimybes

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2008
      Ačiū Ryčiui Umbrasui, Irenai Buinickaitei, Zenonui Anušauskui, Tomui
      Čepaičiui, Albertui Dusevičiui, Algiui Cibulskiui už paramos laiškus
      "Minčių sodo" pasiūlymui. Tai svarbus, dalykiškas palaikymas. Ačiū
      labai!

      Pridedu laišką anglų kalba apie Minčių sodo verslo galimybes, kurias
      puoselėsiu.

      Man svarbiausia yra išvystyti talkos paslaugas, tai yra, siūlyti virtualus
      talkininkus chat'o salėje kurie padėtų su asmeniškais uždaviniais ir taip
      pat galėtų atsiliepti krizės atveju, kaip ir Kenijoje arba Gruzijoje.

      Kaip dalis to, rašysiu paraišką aplankyti Afganistaną ir užmegzti ryšius
      su šviesuoliais musulmonais, juos palaikyti.

      Kokias dar verslo galimybes įžiūrime, norėtumėme puoselėti? Tai galėtų
      sietis ir su blaivybe, pakantumu bei kitais mūsų rūpesčiais.

      Andrius Kulikauskas
      Minčių sodas

      -----------

      I am very grateful for the many letters of support
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?LettersOfSupport
      for our Minciu Sodas proposal
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?AfricanInnovationChallengeFund
      Thank you!

      Samwel Kongere, Dennis Kimambo, George Onyango, Kennedy Owino, Peter
      Ongele (Kenya) Betty Kyewa, Fred Kayiwa, Davis Weddi, Joseph Runnel Lule
      (Uganda)
      Kofi Thompson (Ghana) Wendi Losha Bernadette (Cameroon) Prosper Steven
      Mbwambo, William Wambura (Tanzania) Janet Feldman, Marcin Jakubowski,
      Peter Burgess, Kevin Parcell, David Ellison-Bey, John Harland, David Alan
      Foster, Patrick Reilly, Jeff Buderer, Ben de Vries, Edward Cherlin (USA),
      Pamela McLean (UK), Franz Nahrada (Austria), Benoit Couture (Canada),
      Rytis Umbrasas, Zenonas Anusauskas, Tomas Cepaitis, Albertas Dusevicius,
      Danute Ulvydiene, Irena Buinickaite (Lithuania), Markus Kit Petz
      (Finland), Sasha Mrkailo (Serbia), John J O'Brien (China)

      We showed that in one week we can prepare an innovative proposal and
      organize a wide network of support. I'm impressed and I think that the
      Research Into Use agency will be likewise. They will respond in October.

      Special thanks to Janet Feldman for detailed suggestions and especially
      for selecting a set of innovations from the Research Into Use database
      that are relevant for our investigatory culture.

      Our letters of proposal were a timely and effective way to support our
      laboratory as we seek to win more than $500,000 of funding. I will also
      study them to learn and share about our interests, endeavors,
      investigations and values.

      I included even letters or excerpts that simply showed our desire to
      express support, even if we were'nt able to write a more specific letter.

      I'm especially encouraged that we're involving our Kenyan leaders Samwel
      Kongere, Kennedy Owino, Rachel Wambui Kungu, Dennis Kimambo who we know
      from our Pyramid of Peace.

      I look forward to writing and thinking about business opportunities that I
      and others might pursue through our lab. Thank you to Kofi Thompson for
      alerting us to the opportunities for offering DSL Internet services in
      Africa. I will write and share my thinking about the kinds of business
      opportunities that are most promising for our lab. I am looking for work
      that would leverage our lab's culture of investigation, thinking and
      sharing and working openly. I expect that 90% of the wealth we generate
      will be nonmonetary, and only 10% or so will be monetary, which is very
      different than the typical business. We openly work-for-free on our own
      projects and help each other and this should open the doors so that we
      don't have to spend energies on additional marketing, business networking
      or "work on speculation".

      I encourage us to pursue our own businesses and make use of our lab for
      opportunities such as Kofi alerts us to. However, such businesses aren't
      the core of our lab. They are very demanding and they require large
      speculative investments. They may lead to big financial returns, but our
      lab and our culture doesn't need lots of money, and might even suffer from
      it. Instead, we need steady, flexible, high-paid work for participants in
      a wide variety of situations.

      Businesses such as DSL Internet require a traditional business structure
      based on power, not authority, and capital, not relationships. They also
      are fiercely competitive. One must be ready to compete with the world's
      great telecoms. And one must be ready to leave the business at the right
      time. Such businesses are not long term solutions, and they don't build
      our lab's assets or leverage them, in my understanding.

      However, smaller "opportunistic" projects would be great. I tried to do
      this for several years in the field of software, organizing teams drawing
      from our participants. However, my efforts failed for several reasons.
      One is that in our global economy I've had about 25% of clients not pay
      what they said they would. More importantly, the global market has
      opened, the labor costs have dropped, the complexity of web programming
      has increased, and there's not much value in the personal relationships
      that we can provide.

      Our lab is able to organize large teams as we showed with My Food Story
      http://www.myfoodstory.info and Pyramid of Peace
      http://www.pyramidofpeace.net It's easier for an independent
      contractor, a self-proprietor like me to work with a few clients, three or
      four, then to offer a commoditized service to thousands of people.
      Corporations are designed to manage the production and sale of
      commodities, and I see no point to compete with them, and no benefit to
      our lab to manage the many details and occupational roles relevant for
      providing a consistent, predictable service. Instead, our network is very
      good at unleashing personal character, initiative, creativity. I will
      keep writing proposals and looking for opportunities, but the greatest
      challenge is forming the relationships with the people who might benefit
      from our team. In a sense, we have to court the great independent
      thinkers we might wish to work for, such as Stephen Wolfram, and engage
      their communities, and then we might find paid work for our entire lives.
      Similarly, we can infiltrate corporations that we believe are central to
      our interests. Five independent thinkers in such a company can be enough
      to find us a budget and project that we might do. Proposals I will now
      work on include to Lithuania's Foreign Ministry that in Afghanistan's we
      help those with marginal Internet access; joining the European Living Labs
      Network; engaging companies that might be interested in the Includer and
      related ideas; offering a vision of adult education for Chicago's Catholic
      Schools. I ask us and invite us to write about the opportunities we'd
      like to pursue and I look forward to forming teams and working together.

      Kofi is right, I believe, that in the long term the best financial
      foundation would be business services that we might provide. I am
      thinking that the services which might best leverage and support our lab,
      network and culture, would be "online assistants". We have many
      participants who, along with me, could provide all manner of online
      assistance at our chat room and wiki to help with errands and projects,
      such as shopping for airline tickets or computer equipment, making
      contacts, video editing, doing research and all manner of knowledge work.
      We can also make larger teams available for help in emergencies and
      contingencies as we did with Pyramid of Peace. This is a direction that I
      would like to pursue because it would provide a base of income but also
      open up many small and large business opportunities for individual
      participants.

      In order to do this, I need to fix and upgrade our online venues. I look
      forward to working with Samuel Rose and others who might be on a Software
      team and also look for opportunities. I also ask our help to think
      through a community currency / metric system that would thank and
      encourage us to come to us with our errands and show what we can do, so
      that we help each other in our own economy. We do and should have an
      increasingly vibrant gift economy of our own, and my plan is that we have
      a smaller but sufficient cash economy in parallel with that.

      This vision of our economy should be informed by Pamela McLean's vision
      for a World Without Poverty. If we are thoughtful, they can be the same
      and we can make much real progress.

      I appreciate our thoughts and how we might work together to make a living
      and to get help for our needs and wants. Thank you to Jeff Buderer, John
      Harland and David Ellison-Bey for uplifting spirit in these life
      challenges.

      Andrius

      Andrius Kulikauskas
      Minciu Sodas