Ko siekiame?

  • Andrius Kulikauskas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2008
      Parašiau anglų kalba, ko siekiu. Kviečiu visus pamąstyti ir parašyti, ko
      siekiame. Taip pat kviečiu pasisakyti, kokias paraiškas rašytumėme,
      kokius darbus norėtumėme dirbti. Kokio centro norėtumėme Eičiūnuose? Ką
      nuveiktumėme Afganistane? Kaip palaikytumėme gruzinus ir rusus? Kas
      norėtų vėl surengti Doros visuomenės turto debatus ar kitokią veiklą?
      Kaip galėtumėme palaikyti blaivybę ir kas mus paremtų?
      Andrius Kulikauskas, ms@..., +1 312 618 3345

      ---------------------

      What do we truly want?

      I share my goals for the future. I encourage us all to share ours likewise.

      I am very happy for the dedication that we are sharing at the many working
      groups of our Minciu Sodas laboratory http://www.ms.lt/news.php for
      serving and organizing independent thinkers. Congratulations to Marcin
      Jakubowski and all at Factor E Farm http://openfarmtech.org/weblog/ for
      your open source tractor LifeTrac, your solar turbine, your exemplary blog
      and videos. Congratulations to Samwel Kongere for arriving in Italy from
      Kenya and building bridges across the deep divides that isolate us.
      http://www.ms.lt/news.php?thinker=Samwel_Kongere Thank you to Maria Agnese
      Giraudo, Kennedy Owino and the Nafsi Afrika Acrobats
      http://www.nafsiafrica.org Our dreams are coming true. Thank you for
      inspiring us!

      Our network and our culture have grown strong over the years. We have many
      opportunities, but also I have constraints that keep me running. Since
      1998 I have accumulated more than $100,000 in debt to establish the Minciu
      Sodas laboratory. I make monthly payments of $1,400 on these loans and I
      need at least an $1,000 more for my needs and expenses. I don't have any
      income and I have about six weeks to find some. I hope to receive $7,100
      this year from the Knight Foundation but that will only stretch things out
      for about two months more. I may have to take up a full-time job and bide
      my time for two or three years. This makes it all the more important to
      distribute our leadership so that we continue to grow and inspire. Most
      importantly, I ask myself, What do I truly want? I invite your leadership
      to let us know, What do you truly want?

      My life's work is to know everything and apply that knowledge usefully. I
      work almost every day to make sense of my conceptual limits
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?LivingByTruth/Summary I am making steady
      progress as I try to imagine how all knowledge unfolds from God's point of
      view. I think about how God takes up the question, does God exist even if
      God does not exist? and this leads me to consider the potential for God as
      it opens up from God to I to You to Other around whom we may all unite.
      Day by day I am jostling concepts so that I might see how they make sense
      and how they might bring forth dynamic languages for how things matter,
      have meaning and happen. This is lonely work, but our lab gives me hope
      that more and more, it will have practical impact and others will care.
      Our laboratory's purpose is to serve independent thinkers with helpful
      minds, a social framework for making our dreams real, ways to make a
      living and find resources, a context in which to grow, and moral support.

      I personally wish to grow in virtue as a human and a leader. I wish to
      empathize with others and live fully to take up every concern. I wish to
      learn how to accept hurt ably and transform it. I want to be masterfully
      creative, to learn what is meaningful to say, to recognize hurt and joy,
      and connect with others so that we might all live fully. I'm drawing
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50525222@N00/ and writing a poetic drama in
      Lithuanian. I wish to write my Includer blog as episodes in a novel.

      I wish to serve God as an independent thinker. I welcome God's leadership
      just as I welcome all of ours. I invite us to make evident God's values,
      investigations, endeavors as an independent thinker, and likewise include
      all who may not be able to participate directly, so that we overcome every
      divide. I believe that God endeavors to "reach out to the hard to reach"
      for this is the endeavor that it seems that all of our endeavors work
      towards. http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Endeavors I think that he
      investigates, how can he reach every single person? I would like to help
      by working together to understand each other's deepest values
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Values This is also a way for us to
      accept each other, support each other, and foster our creativity to speak
      to and from each other. All of our deepest values are aspects of Love,
      which I take to be God's deepest value.

      In the next ten years I wish with others to bring to life a culture of
      independent thinkers, with at least 100,000 active participants, enough to
      make evident in many villages and neighborhoods and some regions or
      countries, how independent thinkers address all aspects of life. This is a
      culture of investigation, of leadership through any individual who openly
      takes up the challenge to grow. I am encouraged that more and more of us
      grow confident to take responsibility for our culture, which includes
      principles that help us act on each other's behalf: Our venues are in the
      Public Domain except where content notes otherwise; money can bring people
      together, but you can't pay people to care; we want all to succeed.

      We are, in fact, making practical many of the principles that Jesus spoke
      of: give everything away, love your enemy, turn the other cheek. More and
      more, I hear his vision of a "kingdom of heaven" as an invitation to
      establish the culture I and others wish for. He relates his vision with
      parables that say, "What you believe is what happens", just as the tiny
      DNA of a mustard seed already has within it the giant plant that unfolds.
      I think of eternal life as God's wish for each of us that as individuals,
      we forever grow and unfold. We are blessed at our laboratory to witness
      each other growing in this way, even as adults. I think of a kingdom as
      the wish for authority, which is not power, but responsibility for power.
      Muscles have power, but will has authority. The kingdom of heaven is for
      the "poor in spirit", the independent thinkers, who do not want to fling
      themselves as martyrs, but who wish to walk step-by-step, in small leaps,
      with small risks, by reproducible miracles, small projects, a science of
      subjectivity. The kingdom of heaven allows each of us to exercise our
      will, to apply ourselves to human-sized concerns, and walk and fly and
      unfold step-by-step forever, alongside each other and together. The
      kingdom of heaven invites each one of us to take authority as creators, to
      share authority as co-creators, and so to be authors.

      We will learn of more and more movements that make real such a culture. We
      know of Sarvodaya http://www.sarvodaya.org, the village movement in Sri
      Lanka, and of the Grameen social businesses in Bangladesh
      http://www.grameen-info.org We also have wonderful leaders, such as Benoit
      Couture's relentless passion for a "Kingdom Deep Net"
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?KingdomDeepNet and his deepest value
      "Going from the spiritual division of human DNA to the Organic Experience
      of Spiritual Unity." I am delighted that we have leaders from such a wide
      variety of faiths and outlooks, and I embolden us to project our visions
      even wider. Thank you to Franz Nahrada, Pamela McLean, John Rogers,
      Kennedy Owino, Samwel Kongere, Janet Feldman, Peter Ongele, Ricardo,
      Edward Cherlin, Tomas Cepaitis, Dante-Gabryell Monson, Chris Macrae, Peter
      Burgess, William Wambura, Josephat Ndibalema, Audrone Anusauskiene and
      many others.

      One of our great contributions will be to bring together all of our
      movements. Our culture is an eternal exploration of the minimal principles
      by which we might work together. The Internet should not be a requirement,
      but rather a catalyst and a metaphor for our network. I hope we might
      discover the structures for our online and offline venues that would allow
      us all to participate fully and freely. Minciu Sodas means "Orchard of
      Thoughts" in Lithuanian, which I later came to find quite prophetic for
      our haven as a Paradise, with trees of life and of knowledge of good and
      evil. Likewise, our "worknets" may be prophetic in the sense of Matthew
      13:47. "Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a dragnet, that was cast into
      the sea, and gathered some fish of every kind, which, when it was filled,
      they drew up on the beach. They sat down, and gathered the good into
      containers, but the bad they threw away. So will it be in the end of the
      world." And likewise in his inviting disciples to be "fishers of men".
      This is all frightening, but the "kingdom of heaven" is about making
      belief, authority, truth, fear all human-sized, real and tangible, so that
      we might all participate. I expect that it is more about the absence of
      God than the presence of God, reaching out before God to the I and You and
      Other for whom God is understandably foreign, and to make sense of the
      world even as we transform it with a heart for living now and forever. I
      am sure we'll make progress by understanding what a "kingdom of heaven"
      might mean to the widest variety of people.

      I will learn how to participate as one leader among many. Minciu Sodas is
      a base that I lead, but there should be thousands of such centers. I plan
      to headquarter myself at Zenonas and Audrone Anusauskas's center near the
      village of Eiciunai in Lithuania, but also stay at various centers such as
      David Ellison-Bey's house and Moorish Cultural Workshop at 6726 S Parnell
      Ave., Chicago, where I am now. How can we nurture our many centers for a
      vibrant network?

      My priority is to set up our online infrastructure to open up more
      opportunity for leadership and to decentralize our venues yet resonate our
      energy. I will try to set up Ringside Networks
      http://www.ringsidenetworks.org which is open-source software that allows
      us to set up our own social networking venues (like Facebook, but in the
      Public Domain) at more than one location, to share IDs amongst those
      locations, to show our Facebook activity but at our own sites, to write
      applications that work both at our sites but also at Facebook, and to
      invite others to drift over from Facebook and into our venues. If this all
      works out, then we will have control of our own venues and IDs and can
      integrate our activity at Yahoo groups http://www.ms.lt/news.php , our
      wiki http://www.worknets.org , our chat room http://www.worknets.org/chat/
      , our survey http://www.worknets.org/survey/ , our personal Facebook
      activity (for those who wish that), and our Ringside social networking
      pages. This might also open up work opportunities. Can we find programmers
      who might help us?

      I look forward to speaking with Pamela McLean, Samwel Kongere, Ricardo and
      others who might coach and mentor our participants. Franz Nahrada and
      Janet Feldman have a great impact on our laboratory, and as they are
      available, I value their leadership. I wish though to make clear new
      leadership roles and acknowledge and support the people who take them up.
      We should design the roles so our leaders benefit. Our working groups are
      active to various degrees. We need people who might mentor four or five
      working group leaders so that they might all generate momentum. This is a
      role that I have played and which I need to share. This might relate to
      the idea of "schools", each of which supports dozens of related endeavors,
      and makes tangible the leader's vision. I also want to recognize the
      leaders of the "local centers" in our network and the teams they are
      building.

      We have many opportunities to write proposals and engage potential
      clients. I would prefer not to pursue these all myself, but to work openly
      in teams. If you lead a proposal team, then you can decide how much paid
      work you wish to specify for yourself and others. If you help with a
      proposal, then we will work to include you in our paid work, if we win
      any. Here are some proposals that I have written in the past:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Proposals Please write to any of our
      groups if you would like to be on any of our proposal teams, such as the
      following, and how you might like to participate:

      * Wolfram Science. In July, I attended Stephen Wolfram's summer school
      "A New Kind of Science". Last week I wrote a research proposal for him
      that I do an exhaustive study of the cellular automata that are the
      foundation for his approach.
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?CellularAutomata Earlier, I wrote a
      proposal that our social networkers work to expand the "A New Kind of
      Science" and Mathematica communities and encourage more people to do
      mathematical exploration and apply mathematical thinking. Stephen
      Wolfram was especially interested in our social networking capability.
      It may take a long time to build up this relationship, but it might
      also mean a lifetime of paid work from one of the world's greatest
      independent thinkers.

      * Includer. In June, I prepared a presentation
      http://www.includer.org/presentation/ for Internet businesses that
      they hire us to make their online services available offline. There
      are other angles that we can pursue. We should survey our African
      participants. Who might help us write proposals?

      * African Innovation Challenge Fund
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?AfricanInnovationChallengeFund
      Concept notes are due September 1 to propose teams that in Kenya,
      Uganda, Nigeria, Ghana or several other countries would promote the
      adaptation of innovations identified by Research Into Use, a UK
      agency. This is a great opportunity for us to showcase our
      achievements and propose a worldwide network of support with bases in
      the African countries but also in Eiciunai, Lithuania and at Factor E
      Farm. What are our personal visions?

      * Afghanistan http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Afghanistan The
      Lithuanian Foreign Ministry is accepting proposals of up to 75,000 USD
      by September 30 to help develop Afghanistan's Ghor province,
      especially for basic education, infant health and government
      communications. I believe our Includer proposal or an OLPC laptop
      proposal might be relevant, but we need partners in Afghanistan, and
      supporters in the ministry. I would like especially to organize
      Islamic independent thinkers, for example, school teachers and
      doctors, and help them make the most of marginal Internet access.

      * COMMUNIA http://www.communia-project.org , Ethical Public Domain
      http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org We have already received 4,800 EUR
      of travel money for COMMUNIA meetings for the Public Domain, and we
      will receive a similar amount for travel these next two years. We also
      might organize another conference for the Ethical Public Domain or
      another event or activity to foster the Public Domain. Who would like
      to participate in COMMUNIA? and who would like to engage corporations
      and agencies to fund projects to expand the Public Domain?

      * Catholic schools in Chicago. We have an office at David
      Ellison-Bey's house in Chicago where I am staying. I look forward to
      introducing to David many people who I met at the SocDevCamp. I belong
      to St. Benedict the African East and would like us to engage the local
      community. People suffer intensely from the racial caste system. Our
      pastor's vision is that we engage the community through the Catholic
      schools. Indeed, for any family here, sending their children to a
      Catholic school is I believe one of the best investments. Our
      laboratory can help add to that a program of adult education. We can
      help adults locally get tutored to use the Internet and then get
      support from our worldwide community. This could be a general service.
      Perhaps the Catholic school system and other private schools might be
      willing to pay us to provide such adult education for parents who send
      their children to their schools because the more the parents study,
      the better the children will do.

      * Living Labs movement. We have the opportunity to join the European
      network of Living Labs. This might open the doors for us to win
      European Union funding. Who might help with this proposal? It's due
      September 30. http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?LivingLabs

      We have many opportunities and I invite us to bring to us others that
      you'd like to pursue. Who are independent thinkers who you'd love to work
      for? Muhammad Yunus is one more example. What kind of money would you like
      to earn? What kind of work would you like to do? What is your personal
      vision for your life? How might you participate as a leader? Who would you
      like us to help or reach out to? How might we make our venues more
      effective for you? What are the questions that you'd like to pursue, the
      values you'd like to live, the endeavors that you'd like to achieve?

      Thank you for writing!