Re: SY relatives (was feet, but I'm feeling nauseous)

  • semirafields
    Message 1 of 75 , Oct 1, 2005
      I agree with what is being said about the school issue. Children
      should not be separated from their parents in this way.
      Children need to grow up with emotional closeness and security; and
      an environment of love and trust. To me it seems a betrayal of all
      these things to send children away. Being sent away is a trauma in
      itself.
      Regards, Semira

      --- In talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com, "canthisbejoel"
      <canthisbejoel@y...> wrote:
> [...]
      > > that have been taken from us in the most cruel way.
      >
      > I didn't feel it much, until there were children involved. Now I
      can
      > see very clearly what they are missing out on, and my heart aches
      > for them. But what can I do? Any contact means attempts at
      > indoctrination. I've had to put a stop to it.
      >
      > > In my situation, my mother is no longer my mother. She is
      > completely
      > > and totally different. She used to be an independent thinker
      and
      > was
      > > loving and kind. SY made her selfish.
      >
      > My relative was already deeply selfish. SY just confirmed it,
      > supported his prejudices, and made it acceptable to behave in the
      > usual appalling fashion. He now has an entire belief system
      > confirming to him daily that gays are unacceptable, black people
      are
      > inferior, women must obey, children are mostly bhootish if
      not 'born-
      > realised', blah blah blah. I've spent considerable time trying to
      > unravel which of all his opinions are SY opinions, and which are
      > just his own views. They can't be disentangled anymore. And they
      > can't be discussed - any voicing of disagreement on my part is
      > because I am possessed by evil spirits. My family likewise. We're
      > doomed!
      >
      > I understand that attachment
      > > to people and things leads to suffering. (something SY stole and
      > > twisted from Buddhism). But it shouldn't make you think of only
      > > yourself and your own desires. SY misses the point in that.
      >
      > Oh, I couldn't agree more. Selfish selfish selfish, they are.
      >
      > > They also say you shouldn't be attached to your children. I
      > suppose
      > > that's how some parents are able to let their children to to
      > school in
      > > India.
      >
      > And how some SYs put pressure on even their non-SY relatives to
      send
      > their kids away. It's not gonna happen.
      >
      > > Sukamoga: I commend you highly for thinking about your kids
      first.
      > > You were a bad yogi but a good mother:)
      >
      > Yep. Good for you.
      >
      > > I don't care if SY mothers out there are insulted. If you can
      be
      > so
      > > blind as to let your children go to another country and not be
      > under
      > > your own trusting supervision, you deserve the insult. Ask
      > yourself
      > > this question, do you know ALL the teachers that teach at the
      > school
      > > and watch your children? Do they have letters of reference? who
      > > oversees them? Think about it.
      >
      > Anyone with kids knows how hard it is even to send them to a
      normal
      > nursery or to see them go off to school. Even if said nursery or
      > school is 400m from your house. India? In the hands of strangers?
      My
      > heart would simply break.

      > > Kundeleni
    • sukamoga
      Message 75 of 75 , Oct 3, 2005
        <kundeleni@m...> wrote:

        > > Su: Are you a musician, K?
        > >
        > K: Yep. I'm a vocalist/composer/singer. Heavily into sequencing and
        > recording. Haven't been as active lately because of the little ones.
        > I want to get back to vocal teaching soon:

        That's great! All three of my daughters show promise as vocals. And
        when they harmonize together, it's gorgeous. They have no idea that
        it's not something everybody can easily do. And a good vocal teacher
        is so valuable.

        What type(s) of music do you compose/sing?

        Have you ever heard mrs. $ sing?

        > > Su: There is nothing in the world like a Jersey diner. They are an
        > > American treasure. I prefer a Jersey diner to a fancy restaurant
        > > any day of the week.
        >
        > K: I especially miss the cheese fries. Alas, Denny's just doesn't
        > compare.
        >
        > Kundeleni

        Denny's?!? That's not a diner. That's a....trough.
        We had one in our town, but it closed down. Probably because there is
        an excellent diner located right across the street from where it used
        to be.

        And guess what? It's run by GREEKS!!!