Re: [talk-about-sy] Reality

  • Simon_D_M
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 2005
      > also no sahajayogi has right to judge, condemn and make suffer
      people by "vibration checking" before passing this "envelope" test,
      not even to talk about vibrations! This must be a graduation test of
      SY , and they must have a "diplom" or licence to test by vibe s
      anything if they succeed 16/20 at least.

      ** I don't see why 16/20 is good enough. If they mix Stalin with
      Mataji 20% of the time, then what right do they have to make
      refined judgements on subtle anatomy?

      Best, SD

      > We can test whether there is any consistency between what
      > SYs feel and what is true. Take 20 identical envelopes and
      > put pictures of Mataji in 10 of them, and pictures of Stalin
      > in the other 10. Now shuffle them all up. Now SYs who make
      > fine distinctions about people's subtle anatomy should be
      > able to distinguish a self-proclaimed Goddess from Uncle Joe.
      > If any SY can do this under controlled conditions, they should
      > contact James Randi for a big donation to the SY fund.

      > http://mail.yahoo.com
    • santana solaris
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2005
        Lets correct: Maybe we can say "they may have only %80 chance to guess the thruth " , this 16/20 should be an average of 20 essays at least..I am sure the average is around 10/20..as anybody ..
        How is now? :))
        santana

        Simon_D_M <dicon@...> wrote:
        > also no sahajayogi has right to judge, condemn and make suffer
        people by "vibration checking" before passing this "envelope" test,
        not even to talk about vibrations! This must be a graduation test of
        SY , and they must have a "diplom" or licence  to test by vibe s
        anything if they succeed 16/20 at least.

        ** I don't see why 16/20 is good enough. If they mix Stalin with
           Mataji 20% of the time, then what right do they have to make
           refined judgements on subtle anatomy?

        Best, SD

        > We can test whether there is any consistency between what
        > SYs feel and what is true. Take 20 identical envelopes and
        > put pictures of Mataji in 10 of them, and pictures of Stalin
        > in the other 10. Now shuffle them all up.  Now SYs who make
        > fine distinctions about people's subtle anatomy should be
        > able to distinguish a self-proclaimed Goddess from Uncle Joe.
        > If any SY can do this under controlled conditions, they should
        > contact James Randi for a big donation to the SY fund.

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Simon_D_M
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1, 2005
          > Lets correct: Maybe we can say "they may have only %80 chance to
          guess the thruth " , this 16/20 should be an average of 20 essays at
          least..

          If a person can only distinguish black from white 80% of the time,
          how often will they be able to distinguish subtle shades of gray?

          >I am sure the average is around 10/20..as anybody ..

          Yeah, the discussion's academic, if enough tests are done they'll
          never even reach 51%, and at the back of their minds many know
          this is true, they just believe that others, and themselves in
          the future, can get over 50%.

          Best, SD

          Simon_D_M <dicon@h...> wrote:
          > > also no sahajayogi has right to judge, condemn and make suffer
          > people by "vibration checking" before passing this "envelope" test,
          > not even to talk about vibrations! This must be a graduation test
          of
          > SY , and they must have a "diplom" or licence to test by vibe s
          > anything if they succeed 16/20 at least.
          >
          > ** I don't see why 16/20 is good enough. If they mix Stalin with
          > Mataji 20% of the time, then what right do they have to make
          > refined judgements on subtle anatomy?
          >
          > Best, SD
          >
          > > We can test whether there is any consistency between what
          > > SYs feel and what is true. Take 20 identical envelopes and
          > > put pictures of Mataji in 10 of them, and pictures of Stalin
          > > in the other 10. Now shuffle them all up. Now SYs who make
          > > fine distinctions about people's subtle anatomy should be
          > > able to distinguish a self-proclaimed Goddess from Uncle Joe.
          > > If any SY can do this under controlled conditions, they should
          > > contact James Randi for a big donation to the SY fund.

          > > http://mail.yahoo.com

          > Religion and spirituality Sahaja yoga

          Service.