Places of pilgrimage (matina, i'm inspired)

  • Lumi
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      Joel:> So, ex-SYs, where are the holy places in SY? Are there any real
      > ones, places you're supposed to go on pilgrimage or anything?

      Su:Are you kidding me? There are plenty of holy places that SYs are
      expected
      to visit--all of them in India, of course.

      Lumi: Are there? I thought Mataji is the main target of pilgrimage. Where
      she is, there is the holy place. Of course there is Ganapatipule, which is
      supposed to emit the vibrations of Shri Ganesha and is a sort of a Mecca for
      Sahaja Yogis. There are Ganesha swayambhus in Ganapatipule (like in other
      places in Maharashtra) and they are holy, but yogis don't go on pilgrimage
      to see them. They MIGHT go to see them, but it is much much more important
      to see Mataji.

      And then there is Cabella in Italy, which is a sort of a holy place for
      yogis. They have most of the European pujas there.

      Uluru in Australia is also very holy, but I've never heard that yogis go
      there for pilgrimage. Or maybe Australian yogis might do that....Giahn, did
      you go on pilgrimage to Uluru?

      Stonehenge is something holy, too, but no pilgrimage there as far as I know.

      So there are holy places in other places, too, not just in India.
      The importance of India is linked to the SY world view that each country or
      each part of the world repsesents a particular chakra. India is the
      kundalini of the World.

      Lumi