Vs: [talk-about-sy] Digest Number 1848

  • lumi.sammallahti@pp.inet.fi
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2012
      Hello Stina!

      Nice to "meet" you after a long time! I remember your visits to Finland, and me
      visiting you in Sweden, and us being together in India!

      However, to answer your question, there is Judith Coney's book published
      in1999: Sahaja Yoga. Socializing Process in a South Asian New Religious
      Movement. Something has been written about the SY children in a book called
      Children in New Religions. It was published in 1999, edited by Susan J. Palmer
      and Charlotte E. Hardman. A Finnish woman is doing some research on SY (among a
      couple of other new religious movements) in the field of comparative religion,
      but I don't think she has published anything yet.

      I'd be delighted yo hear more from you!

      Lumi

      Hello everyone!

      I am a nurse and former member of SY, and I am interested in doing research on
      SY.

      Does anyone know if there is any formal research done on SY (except for sahaja
      yogis' own research on possible benefits) whether in the field of sociology,
      religion, psychology, psychiatry or else...

      My own fields of interest are children in SY and possible health issues/mental
      disorders experienced by people who left SY, whether brought up in sahaj or
      having joined as a grown-up.

      I'd be delighted if you have any suggestions!

      Regards

      Stina

      Messages in this topic (1)