Re: [talk-about-sy] pure desire

  • Clive Bates
    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 1, 2011
      'Born again' is an expression used to indicate that one feels the innocent Joy of childhood in one's heart, which can only exist in the moment, and is devoid of thought or emotion, but brings bliss to the adult seeker, whereupon one becomes innately satisfied within and driven to help others feel the same peace, if they desire it...in a bid to stop all wars and aggression.

      ...poor Mr. Bush, like so many Americans, over compensating for their guilt trip.

      Being 'born again' is a natural process too, when we are honest with our self and just letit happen.

      From: Clive Bates <peace_yourchoice@...>
      To: talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, 28 February, 2011, 9:03

      ...by the power of pure desire...that is...the innocent, chaste, thoughtless desire of an infant

      thus we are 'born again'.

      From: Clive Bates <peace_yourchoice@...>
      Subject: [talk-about-sy] Love
      To: talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, 26 February, 2011, 0:21

      It does always seem very hard to explain true love to someone who can only love by sensations, how when there is nothing but awareness of all pervading love there is no craving or desire for anything, no lusting, no pre-tension, no aggression, only rich profound bliss, peace, and joy-filled innocence...and bewilderment at the extremes of emotion and pre-tension people go to in order to satisfy their desires...

      how peaceful the world would be if everyone knew that love is everywhere and in everything...even in the man who hates, for he only hates because his love has not been recognised.

      would that all humanity could feel that reality too, would that the world were a peaceful place without pre-tension

      with Love

      From: Clive Bates <peace_yourchoice@...>
      To: "talk" <talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Friday, 25 February, 2011, 16:52

      When we are able to detach and witness the negativity we can then allow God's Love to act through us...

      ''Love is not an Emotion, it is a force that acts''

      (H.H. Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi - 21.03.23 / 23.02.11)

      http://www.ustream.tv/channel/memorial-puja-for-shri-mataji

    • Clive Bates
      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 4, 2011

        several religious people

        <<<what do you mean by ‘religious’ ?>>>

         have pointed this and that "root of all evil". It's money, it's greed, it's drugs, it's republianism, it's Islam, it's theism, it's atheism, it's prostituion, it's the jews, it's the germans, it's to wine, it's this and that and the other.

        <<<money is not, but how it is used may be evil….greed is because it causes problems for innocent people ( people who do not know certain things ). Drugs can be good or bad , again depending upon what they are and how they are used. Republicanism…it has good and bad points. Islam means surrender, it’s a natural state of innocence we are born into, it’s the people who use it to advance their insecurities that give the word a bad name. Prostitution comes from insecurity, anger, greed, hatred, jealousy…women sometimes find it necessary to support their material needs, others use it in a bid to make themselves feel secure…at the end of the day it is a product of animalistic anxiety and insecurity. The Jews are fallable like anyone else, but I know many great Jewish people. Judaism can is oppressive when it is used to intimidate others. The Germans…everyone has done good and bad things…culture often determines what and how they do things. The issue with the Nazis arose from emotional insecurity and the idea that material prosperity was the solution. Wine…a little can be medicinal, but people who use it regularly won’t be able to help themselves of humanity much.

        Typical of the fundamentalist.reductive interpretations.

        <<<the ability to reduce things and see them for what they are is important, no ?>>>>

        Insatiable desire is very good,

        <<<not when it perpetuates insecurity…it makes people wary that others will have more than them and drives people to extremes, often causing problems fro people who just want to live a simple life >>>

        by the way. It means renewal,

        <<<does it… doesn’t it also mean ‘wanting’ ?>>>

        élan, impetus, drive and passion.

        <<<…none of which are any good unless one’s intentions come from a pure heart>>>

        nnocence in latin means "not knowing", from the root "nocere", (to know). So the innocent is the one who doesn't know. Nice state, but impermament, because as you grow up you need to know a lot.

        <<<but one always needs to be humble to the fact that one does not know everything, that is the wisdom we learn when we grow up…so the innocence remains and the wisdom develops because of it…but one also needs to be courageous to accept one’s innocence, and chaste so as not to let the ego rule the heart and spread unease>>>

        I think otherwise, life is immortal, illusion is mortal.

        <<<Yes, life  is immortal if we view the cosmos and creation as part of a living process…and especially when we see the absolute reflected in our own hearts as Love and it’s blessings as the bliss and joy we feel upon appreciating that…especially when we accept that everything else is subject to decay. Though the identifaction with the absolute in the heart is also not the absolute state of being one with everything…that only happens in thoughtless awareness…beyond the duality of concepts…when one is there there is only peace…actually one IS peace in that dimension, there is no I….just peace…it’s really amazing J>>>

        pure, impure. good, bad. Still caught by polarities?

        <<<no, not caught, but duality is great fun also…it is what it is and words are useful to describe things and talk about things…but differences of opinion are determined by differences of awareness and understanding, so two people can really only understand each other when they’ve had the same experiences....or at least have creative enough imaginations and shared aspirations…’The proof is in the pudding ‘as they say>>>

        desire is not pure or impure, it just is.

        <<<Desire is shaped by our aspirations, if our aspiration is from an innocent heart then the desire is pure, but if the desire is corrupted with egotism, lust, anger, greed, hatred, jealousy then it BECOMES impure>>>

        dualistic thinking.

        <<<duality is a part of reality too often leads the seeker to the absolute truth…thereafter duality is seen to serve the absolute truth>>>

         salvationist thinking et al,

        <<<I’m only saving myself J >>>

         add groovy semantics.

        <<<yeah, they are kind of groovy once you can enjoy them J>>>

        very short span, on the long run an atomic section.

        <<<well…it’s the present that really counts and that’s over no sooner that it begins, and yet it is eternity itself J>>>

        the present is varied, impermament. no +need to generalize and put a label on it. Like "decadent times," or "it sucks".

        <<<some people feel the need, and they do so depending upon their needs and wants>>>

        You claim, indeed. You claim an old metaphor. Why not a hundredth born?

        <<<it’s your choice>>>

        it's been here since millions, some have developed crystal and light bodies - the so called rainbow body - and live here and also beyond our 3D reality. And we were shipped from other planets.

        <<<whatever turns you on J…but doesn’t what we do each present moment matter more than anything else…after all it’s the only time zone we can consciously witness isn’t it…apart from visions etc…which may be useful and may not be depending upon the individual ?!>>>

        There were Athenians and Athenians, to generalize is to pull the fire to our sardine. Some Athenians were indeed pedophile, but you can't drastically reduce all the greek culture at large and the Athenian in particular to some people.

        <<<I didn’t, I specifically said ‘paedophilc Athenians’….the political elite kept young boys for sexual gratification and debased women as mere sex objects…something that carried over into the development of the modern world…something that is still causing problems today>>>

        Bachanals were done mostly between consenting adults, and they were initiated in the "Misteries" of Aphriodite, Bachus (greek name for Pan) or Eleusis , before, So don't mix pedophilia with bachanals.

        <<<sexual obsession is sexual obsession, though admittedly it varies according to the preference of the individual. I mentioned bachannal because that was the attitude that caused the politically ‘correct’ ‘religious’ element of greek society to fashion their  myths in the manner that they did, thus perpetuating the consent for debauchery and physical, mental, and emotional corruption which extends into most of the corridors of power in the world today, which inturn reduces the ability of power structures to address the needs of the innocent, thus producing and perpetuating a lot of suffering in the process and implementation of government and financial policy>>>

        Lower nature? we don't have lower nature and higher nature. We just have nature. Moralists divide and schizophrenize, that's good for their business. Human nature is pure.

        <<<Human nature is derived from evolution through many stages of animalhood, a lot of which remains in the subconscious and manifests itself through insecurity as egotism…human nature becomes pure when one finds the pure innocent desire in one’s heart and ensures that that remains as the only impetus behind one’s actions (desire, élan…etc)>>>

        Socrate, as Aristotle says (all we know about Socrate comes from Aristotle) a man who enjoyed feasting, drinking and eating. he was the last to get up of the banquet table, when everyone was already knock-out, falling in the arms of Morpheus. And he drank twice or more than anybody. Why? Because not only he enjoyed it but he also had consciuosness-energy well developed due to his yogic practices, and had been a soldier. Added to that he had an horrible wife, Xantipa, who tried to make his life miserable. He endured her philosophically, as if she was his kali-in-disguise ferocious teacher.

        <<<And from Aristotle we learn that he began in earnest to help others to see the errors of their ways when he himself eventually realised the error of his…hence the tower of wisdom and the misdeeds…Blake was great man, but one can often only understand him through experience.  Yes his physical ability no doubt served him well, but it’s not a prerequisite that everyone needs in order to know their self is it ?!>>>

        modern men dance naked. yes some. So tribal men did too, everywhere, and still do in the last primitive tirbes of Amazonia .

        <<<I’m talking about people who call it a great spiritual thing when infact all they’re doing is looking to attract sexual favours. Many tribes have cultivated lust, but many more see it for what it is and cultivate a more peaceful, less heated, atmosphere in their homes

         "Decorum" and "discretion" are moralist's terrified names, which suit their business.

        <<<decorum means to decorate in a manner appropriate to producing a benign atmosphere…discretion means to act wisely…but yes these words have been used aggressively against the innocent…but that does not mean they are not valid as descriptions of benign behaviour>>>

        You can dance naked, man or woman, in a tribal or modern context and it can be a religious, transcendental experience for some.

        <<<Yes you  can, but does it bring lasting peace ? >>>

        You see the form, it seems you can't see the essence.and you have a probelm with people's sexuality, otherwise you wouldn't be here with such  speeches, which remind me of the catholic priests of my childhood..

        <<<I know what you are saying about innocence in this context, and the essence is there because essentially everybody, wether they know it or not, is looking for the same thing…but this way of experiencing it is very materialistic...as it is dependent upon the body, which is subject to decay, one needs to find other, less frantic, means of finding the same feeling…or else what happens if one is stuck alone by one’s self against one’s wishes ?!...the joy doesn’t last very long if it is dependent upon others….but it is certainly necessary to share. I don’t have a problem with people’s sexuality, what’s it to me…been there done that and got lost in it myself, very seductive, very intriguing and can be very pleasurable, I spent the first 28 years of my life in a country where there are some of the most beautiful and willing women in the whole wide world J but I found that people who viewed it as the ultimate expression of  pleasure weren’t really changing much in the  world…If  I appear Catholic to you I’m sorry, but I’m not crossing your freedom am I , you are not bound by me are you…so at least you have gone that far…but what happens normally is that people go too far in their reaction to oppression, and thus they  become oppressive to others>>>

        you can watch in bemused dismay as long as you like it.  Spiritual elitism goes hand in hand with spiritual materialism - the owners of innocence.

        <<<No’one can own innocence…that’s the biggest delusion and the source of evil itself>>>