  • Yogini Kumar
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 6, 2010

      I was a member of SY for well over a decade. I too married in the group and sent one of my children to the school. My marriage was abusive in every way (physically, emotionaly, mentaly) and when I separated, I was told to leave the group. I was alone with my children and I had no help from anyone. The fact that I was told to leave was actually a blessing. I discovered ME away from all that. I began to see the fear factors and conditionings. That eventhough SY had helped me get over a depression at first and made me feel many great things, still it created more fears and more "rules" about how to lead my life.

       I believe that there are PLENTY of paths for everyone and that is individual. A group can never be as collective as it thinks it is--why exclude the rest of the world? (yes everyone is welcome, but why judge them if they are not IN SY). I sure met many wonderful people but they too suffer in life just like everyone else- except most hide it. SY is still in the bad/good duality..good vibrations means good and bad vibrations means bad...so judge everything and everyone accordingly...where is the humanity? And can you all see that you are living in fear of negativity? therefore closing your own hearts? Have you not noticed that everyone else is preaching that their religion is the ONE and only? and isnt this from the fear of the ego of being wrong? I had to face so many such conditionings and fears that I allowed the group to place in me---yes I allowed it and I am not blaming. We are meant to unlearn but we learn a whole lot of stuff that is just blocking our hearts. I found that there is a lot of power struggles within the members which manifest outside of the group--- why on earth should we let anyone dictate our life? how to live, whom to marry (we are not forced marry in SY, but we are not accepted as fully yogies if we dont)...who is living my life? I thought it was me. I should be responsible for my growth, for my behaviours, my thoughts and my deconditioning. I dont need anyone else to do that for me. I noticed that Syogies just did treatments and treatments no end to get rid of their negativities---- nothing --NOTHING can change your energy if you dont change!!! and if you fear negativity itself--forget it! I too feared others because of their "negativity" but this fear, how can it unify me with everything else? If I am fully realized soul then I see the world as not appart from myself...I am one with it but if I fear everything I see; then that means I am seeing everything as separate--which would mean I am just living spirituality by the ego aspect of my mind.  Yes--the ego can pose as the spirit too.

      I feel that the first aspect of any religion should be HUMANITY, so if I am not helped in my worst moments because people cannot comprehend how my life can be bad when I am in SY, then isnt this fear? Do we not learn more from our darkest moments? isnt darkness an illusion and part of facing it is our realization that we are light beings? I felt that SYogies had fears of people that could give the organization a bad name, and trust me! I was a very good dedicated member and I am a highly skilled professional...but my divorce wasnt welcome. I want to send the message that LIFE is perfect as it is--it is us who lable it as bad or negative, good or positive---attracting whichever energy we we attach to. Life is life and we cannot live freely if we keep living by what others think we should think and feel. I found that I had to deny my thoughts and emotions-hide them from myself...but isnt that just adding to the pile? no wonder I was catching in my energy!!! since then, I have befriended my thoughts and my feelings and I face them ..why? because they contain important messages of who I am and that is a HUGE part of being aware.  Thoughtless awareness is great when we have properly released the thoughts and emotions within us.

       In SY we are told we are "not guilty" but we are judged no end for our choices or feelings because when there is so many rules and someone goes against them isnt that just giving room for judgement and gossip? for feeling guilty?  We learned dharma but along with it we learned to avoid being who we are by avoiding our thoughts and feelings...arent these the very messages that will set us free, if we become aware of them?

       My son's school experience was good for one year and horrible for the second year.  He developed a lot of emotional (anger) problems from that experience and he had ADD and no one realized it!!!  He did not learn how to read and he was so frustrated.  The bullying in the school was beyond comprehension and the principals that they changed every year were anything but spiritual and hardly educated.   Why?  not using proper wisdom- yes we do have to act too, not just surrender!    Sahaja yoga was my life for a while and I really did enjoy a lot of it.  I did learn a lot and grew a lot within myself.  I felt the vibrations--and still feel energy eventhough I dont meditate SY way.

       I could easily think or feel that I made the wrong desicion in life by being in SY but I decided not to feel victimized in life for any reason.  I knew that within myself there was something pulling me towards it and that that same magnet is pushing me away from it now into myself.  There is no reason for me to find myself outside anymore.  I dont need a picture, or a candle or any mantras because I feel my spirit within myself.  Everything outside will always deceive...so I rather work it out alone within myself without outside distractions.  I can work out my feelings and my thoughts and I feel the intuitive voice within me which is my spirit which gives me all the answers within that loving silence.

       So I guess I have a challenge for all of you SYogies..and that is to try a year without it and feel your OWN and see if there is fear when you try to leave it...if there is fear it means you are there because of fear...you are scared of hell?  damnation? of being wrong? what are you scared of?  you know what hell is?  our ego traps..our fears, and resistance to life and all that prevent us from feeling ourselves fully.  Forget the picture and forget all the worshiping...everything is WITHIN YOU...remove it all..unplug from it all and after a year add whatever you feel resonates fully with you.  Shri Mataji has been my spiritual teacher..and I learned a lot, now I am truly my own teacher and I dont need to hang onto my teacher or worship my teacher because I too left all my teachers from school as I learned what I needed to learn.  God is everyone of us..not just specific people.  We are not higher or lower.  We dont have to worship anyone, rather we have to see the oneness of it all and that is through LOVE. When we worship anyone on the outside, we are saying that we are not IT..we are not God.   Well..yes I am God and so are YOU who is reading this.   I am moving forward now without regret or resentment because that too would only block me and not serve me in my acceptance of life.  Whether I was right or wrong doesnt matter.   I grew through it all. The spirit doesnt see right or wrong..it just IS.

    • John Glough
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 6, 2010
        sorry to hear about your bad experiences - seems like quite a few people did.
        Often it is the individuals who are "leaders: who cause the suffering.

        As for me I've been in for over 25 years. I have stepped away for a couple of years (away from the collective), but
        always enjoying my blissful meditations.
        For me, Mataji has fulfilled my spiritual goal of experiencing the oneness and the limitless Joy of meditation.
        I look forward to many others entering this state of being soon.

        If I can assist you and/or your son in any way, please let me know.

        JG

        To: talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 6, 2010
          Thank you for your beautiful heart John.  I am not scared to go to the collective.  I could still go and no one can officially stop me even though I was told to not come until my divorce is settled.  My divorce is not complete yet and it has been almost two years. I dont think it will sort out very soon either.
          My challege is actually for both sides.  For S Yogies who feel stuck to leave the group for a while and unplug and find themselves without anything form the outside, and for those who are bitter about their experience in SY to embrace their life choices no matter what because if one cannot change the past then why drag it along, why condemn any part of your life when in reality we are co-creators.  We chose this path and there is nothing wrong with that.  There is nothing that we chose that is really totally bad because nothing can touch who we really are.  If our desire is strong enough nothing can deceive us and even the darkest path will show us our light if we are genuine SELF seekers.

          John, if you see the greatest saints, they did learn from their teacher and they are grateful for ever, but they keep growing genuinely.  They dont stay in "school" forever.  They become truly their own master-- true saints who take responsibility for their own life in every way.  I got to a point that I really felt the "stuckness" of the group because people were so busy with how to manage the group, what so and so has done, etc.  I never got into any of it(and I ignored all of it until I became a part of it because of my decision to divorce).  Still I feel I have grown so much more away from that atmosphere.  Even though I do feel like they have been my family and I forgive them for not being there when I most needed them-- it was for a higher reason.   I still working out many things, but I have a good guide within myself.  And I can see my path clearly.   I no longer react to so many things I used to react to, and that is freedom.  I am getting to the point that I no longer see a reason to forgive because in the highest truth, there was never anything to forgive.   Like I said, only in darkness can we see that we are light.  Everything we see outside is what is within us, our state of perception, and if everything is illusion even Mahamaya, then why not just be within where there is no illusion at all.  Blessings to you beautiful soul.

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
            dear kumar and all;
            you are wright when you say that you dont need a candle incens and picture to be connected whith your inner spirituality,i too agreed whit you but i think now you understant the teaching of Shri Mataji hose told you that you are your own master,if most of SYogis don't understant it is not because of Shri Devi,we are all the Devi but untill we realise that we need a outside master to introduce us in our inside master .i'm also SYogis but i don't think that Shri Mataji ask us to create an organisation or to be outside the suffering of the people of this world but she teach us how to become our own master and when we understand it we dont need her picture or other mantras or so call techniques because we are that....
            believe me the teach of Shri Mataji is so deep that everyone cannot understant it .
            it is always be that with all the incarnation...Jesus,Mahamed,Budhas and other....

            have more bless

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 9, 2010
              Hello Yogini Kumar!
              How you've suffered! I thank you a lot for your confidence. Many other victims will take advantage of your words and will find confort in them.
              You're a very brave woman.
              My regards
              Vic

              --- In talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com, Yogini Kumar <yogini.2012@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > after a year add whatever you feel resonates fully with you.� Shri Mataji has
              > been my spiritual teacher..and I learned a lot, now I am truly my own teacher
              > and I dont need to hang onto my teacher or worship my teacher because I too left
              > all my teachers from school as I learned what I needed to learn.� God is
              > everyone of us..not just specific people.� We are not higher or lower.� We dont
              > have to worship anyone, rather we have to see the oneness of it all and that is
              > through LOVE.�When we worship anyone on the outside, we are saying that we are
              > not IT..we are not God.�� Well..yes I am�God and so are�YOU who is reading
              > this.� �I am moving forward now without regret or resentment because that too
              > would only block me and not serve me in my acceptance of life.� Whether I was
              > right or wrong doesnt matter.�� I grew through it all.�The spirit doesnt see

            • Christopher J
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 9, 2010
                I have been continuining to use SY meditation techniques since I left the collective at 26 years of age (I'm now 35), raising my kundalini 3 times a day and balancing the left and right. I have found a lot of happiness and peace from the practice, away from the politics and homophobia of the collective. I say that because as a bisexual, I knew I would never be accepted, labeled as being possessed. As I get older, my interest in women has grown, but I am still a big supporter of equality for gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgendered people. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Andrea Cousins, a SY leader in the NY area and politician, had voted in favor of some GLBT pro-equality legislation several years ago. However, I am not so sure how friendly the collective is to GLBT people starting practice of SY today.

                Christopher Judge

                Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch.com (powered by Yahoo).

                To: talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com
                From: yogini.2012@...
                Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 23:07:50 -0700

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 9, 2010
                  I know what you are saying Christopher.  I dont think phobias of any kind are healthy.  We all need to accept that everyone is living and growing in different ways and even if we all followed the same thing (actually we do...our inner self), it would still be unique.  There is a reason for everything and as long as we are brave enough to face ourselves, we will find that underneath it all we are truly one after all.  I too do things like footsoaking.  I find it very relaxing before going to bed.  I connect within myself, so even if I were to light a candle (I rarely do), I dont focus on the candle but only within myself.  ALL is within.   I am glad to be away from the group for the same reasons..the politics and the gossips..the lack of compassion.  I also know that I grow faster when I take full responsibility for my reactions, my emotions and my growth in general.  I have no one to blame...it is just between me and ME (higher self)

                  To: talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com
                  From: yogini.2012@...
                  Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 23:07:50 -0700

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 10, 2010
                    The original (and real) Sahaja Yoga of Mataji is open to ALL seekers.
                    Any seeker of spiritual enlightenment is welcome.

                    As you know, we had the varieties you mentioned even in the late 70s and early 80s - some of whom
                    stayed near Mataji. Not all changed their original leanings, but they did enjoy the peace and happiness meditation brings.

                    JG

                    To: talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com
                    From: Christopher_631@...
                    Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 23:06:53 -0400

                    To: talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com
                    From: yogini.2012@...
                    Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 23:07:50 -0700

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 15, 2010
                      Hi Vic;
                      I shared my experience for several reasons.  Because I want people to take responsibility for their own growth and NOT feel victimized by the experiences life brings to us and we chose.  We DO chose our experiences so why feel victimized---better to own it up.  I am sorry if I sounded like a victim in my experience.  My life in general has been tough, this is not the first time...so I have to change my self to be true to my self and then what I experience will automatically change.  I did get my self realization from Shri Mataji, and she is God but so are you and so am I..there is nothing to worship, but just appreciate.  I dont agree with worshiping anything or anyone on the outside.  If one feels self love then that will emit as love..no need for rituals and all that.  We are all ONE and that means one is not higher than the other even though some might be higher in evolution...but we must respect all if we recognize the spirit within.   I dont agree with pujas just for specific people or worshiping because that all on the outside.   There are individual ways to attain self realization and SY is not the only way.  When people are ready, they can find it within themselves and some dont even need a guru.   I have met many realized souls and they never heard of SY.   So no need to give your life to some organization or a guru...just give yourself to YOU---your spirit in the most genuine fully engaged way.

> [...]

                      > after a year add whatever you feel resonates fully with you.� Shri Mataji has
                      > been my spiritual teacher..and I learned a lot, now I am truly my own teacher
                      > and I dont need to hang onto my teacher or worship my teacher because I too left
                      > all my teachers from school as I learned what I needed to learn.� God is
                      > everyone of us..not just specific people.� We are not higher or lower.� We dont
                      > have to worship anyone, rather we have to see the oneness of it all and that is
                      > through LOVE.�When we worship anyone on the outside, we are saying that we are
                      > not IT..we are not God.�� Well..yes I am�God and so are�YOU who is reading
                      > this.� �I am moving forward now without regret or resentment because that too
                      > would only block me and not serve me in my acceptance of life.� Whether I was
                      > right or wrong doesnt matter.�� I grew through it all.�The spirit doesnt see

                    • Yogini Kumar
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 15, 2010
                        When I say that I got my self realization from Shri Mataji it means that I was ready for it and I could have gotten it else where too because God wants us to realize ourselves.  Those who are not ready will not get it no matter what until they are ready.
                        Also just to clear things--  people being higher in the evolution is just in awareness because in spirit we are all the same..so even evolution is illusory---when we achieve full awareness the evolution disappears and is no longer real to us.

> [...]

                        > after a year add whatever you feel resonates fully with you.� Shri Mataji has
                        > been my spiritual teacher..and I learned a lot, now I am truly my own teacher
                        > and I dont need to hang onto my teacher or worship my teacher because I too left
                        > all my teachers from school as I learned what I needed to learn.� God is
                        > everyone of us..not just specific people.� We are not higher or lower.� We dont
                        > have to worship anyone, rather we have to see the oneness of it all and that is
                        > through LOVE.�When we worship anyone on the outside, we are saying that we are
                        > not IT..we are not God.�� Well..yes I am�God and so are�YOU who is reading
                        > this.� �I am moving forward now without regret or resentment because that too
                        > would only block me and not serve me in my acceptance of life.� Whether I was
                        > right or wrong doesnt matter.�� I grew through it all.�The spirit doesnt see

                      • writer273rus
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 22, 2010
                          Hi Yogini Kumar,

                          I'm very happy to hear what you say! For I came to the same conclusion after being 10 years in SY, leaving and turning to advaita. As you say: "Everything we see outside is what is within us, our state of perception, and if everything is illusion even Mahamaya, then why not just be within where there is no illusion at all."
                          It is not me in the world, but the world is in me. It sounds strange but it is true. Nobody gives this thought even a little credit, evn for half a persent nobody believe it coould be so. Why? Becouse of the programme inserted in our brains in early chilehood only.
                          Once in the Ramanasramam I felt the living presence of Ramana Maharshi. My mind new of course it cannot be so, but somehow I was 100% sure Bhagavan Ramana is alive.
                          Later I told about my experience to Ramesh Balsekar. He said: "Yes. You felt the Impersonal Consciiousness. Bhagavan is Impersonal Consciosness as well as you and I". really it is so, no doubt.
                          I wish you all the best.

                          Yours in the Self,
                          Vladimir