Re: [talk-about-sy] Re: mataji's nemesis reveals her doubts

  • miguel de castro henriques
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
      Dear Semira,

      I always found out that relying on my Profane Spirit was more spiritually satisfactory that counting on the Holy Spirit. Probably walking to Holistic Spirit?

      caraleen98 <caraleen98@...> wrote:
      Dear Joel,

      There was a time I had lost all my faith in the religion I knew and
      could have written much the same expression of despair and pain as
      Mother Theresa.
      It was at this time that I began to directly feel and see the power
      of the Holy Spirit.

      Love, Semira

      --- In talk-about-sahaja- yoga@yahoogroups .com, "canthisbejoel"
      <canthisbejoel@ ...> wrote:

      > Hi there Su,
      >
      > Now that stuff is VERY interesting. I think we could do with SY
      > views on this. Any SYs care to comment?
      >
      > *sitting back in eager anticipation*

      > --- In talk-about-sahaja- yoga@yahoogroups .com, "sukamoga"
      > <sukamoga@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Mataji never had anything good to say about Mother Teresa.
      Often
      > she'd
      > > scorn the Nobel Prize winning nun, saying she was "hot tempered"
      > and
      > > that she had a "tremendous ego." And yet, in what follows,
      Teresa
      > > reveals her doubts about the existence of god. At least the
      woman
      > was,
      > > at times, honest. Can the same be said about mataji?
      > >
      > > Jesus has a very special love for you. As for me, the silence
      and
      > the
      > > emptiness is so great that I look and do not see, listen and do
      not
      > > hear.
      > > — Mother Teresa to the Rev. Michael Van Der Peet, September 1979
      > >

      > > On Dec. 11, 1979, Mother Teresa, the "Saint of the Gutters,"
      went
      > > Oslo. Dressed in her signature blue-bordered sari and shod in
      > sandals
      > > despite below-zero temperatures, the former Agnes Bojaxhiu
      > received that
      > > ultimate worldly accolade, the Nobel Peace Prize. In her
      acceptance
      > > lecture, Teresa, whose Missionaries of Charity had grown from a
      > > one-woman folly in Calcutta in 1948 into a global beacon of
      > > self-abnegating care, delivered the kind of message the world
      had
      > come
      > > to expect from her. "It is not enough for us to say, 'I love
      God,
      > but I
      > > do not love my neighbor,'" she said, since in dying on the
      Cross,
> [...]
      > > — that one of the great human icons of the past 100 years, whose
      > > remarkable deeds seemed inextricably connected to her closeness
      > God
      > > and who was routinely observed in silent and seemingly peaceful
      > prayer
      > > by her associates as well as the television camera, was living
      out
      > > very different spiritual reality privately, an arid landscape
      from
      > which
      > > the deity had disappeared.
      > >
      > > And in fact, that appears to be the case. A new, innocuously
      titled
      > > book, Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light (Doubleday), consisting
      > primarily
      > > of correspondence between Teresa and her confessors and
      superiors
      > over a
      > > period of 66 years, provides the spiritual counterpoint to a
      life
      > known
      > > mostly through its works. The letters, many of them preserved
      > against
      > > her wishes (she had requested that they be destroyed but was
      > overruled
      > > by her church), reveal that for the last nearly half-century of
      > her life
      > > she felt no presence of God whatsoever — or, as the book's
      compiler
      > > and editor, the Rev. Brian Kolodiejchuk, writes, "neither in her
      > heart
      > > or in the eucharist."
      > >
      > > Further on, this admission is of particular interest:
      > >
      > > The Onset
      > >
      > > Lord, my God, who am I that You should forsake me? The Child of
      > your
      > > Love — and now become as the most hated one — the one — You
      > > have thrown away as unwanted — unloved. I call, I cling, I want
      > > — and there is no One to answer — no One on Whom I can cling
      > > — no, No One. — Alone ... Where is my Faith — even deep down
      > > right in there is nothing, but emptiness & darkness — My God —
      > > how painful is this unknown pain — I have no Faith — I dare not
      > > utter the words & thoughts that crowd in my heart — & make me
      > suffer
      > > untold agony.
      > >
      > > So many unanswered questions live within me afraid to uncover
      > them —
      > > because of the blasphemy — If there be God — please forgive me
      > > — When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven — there is such
      > > convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp
      > knives &
      > > hurt my very soul. — I am told God loves me — and yet the
      > > reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that
      nothing
      > > touches my soul. Did I make a mistake in surrendering blindly to
      > the
      > > Call of the Sacred Heart?
      > > — addressed to Jesus, at the suggestion of a confessor, undated

    • Gyan
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 4, 2007
        Yes, I never understood why she was so full of hatred towards Mother
        Teresa.

        You know, it was proven to me beyond the shadow of a doubt that she is
        NOT able at all to judge the character of a person when Lindy
        Chamberlain {the Australian woman who claimed her baby was taken by a
        dingo} was completely vindicated.

        Mrs S had claimed that Lindy Chamberlain was a very evil woman -
        whereas, in reality, although the woman may have belonged to a
        religion Mrs S disagreed with {a religion, after all, no weirder than
        Sahaja Yoga}, Lindy was simply a woman who had suffered the loss of
        her baby and deserved compassion.

        And - of course - as we all know - Mrs S was apparently completely
        incapable of knowing what sort of person Warren Reeves was - until he
        was thrown out by English Sahaja Yogis who had had enough of him.

        Now how could anyone who makes decisions which affect the lives of her
        followers be so lacking in discrimination?

        Moreover, knowing all of this, why is it that her followers trust her
        judgement?

        Gyan

        <sukamoga@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > — no, No One. — Alone ... Where is my Faith — even deep down
        > right in there is nothing, but emptiness & darkness — My God —
        > how painful is this unknown pain — I have no Faith — I dare not
        > utter the words & thoughts that crowd in my heart — & make me suffer
        > untold agony.
        >
        > So many unanswered questions live within me afraid to uncover them —
        > because of the blasphemy — If there be God — please forgive me
        > — When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven — there is such
        > convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives &
        > hurt my very soul. — I am told God loves me — and yet the
        > reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that nothing
        > touches my soul. Did I make a mistake in surrendering blindly to the
        > Call of the Sacred Heart?
        > — addressed to Jesus, at the suggestion of a confessor, undated

      • Simon_D_M
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 5, 2007
          Mataji was just jealous of Teresa #1 spot in the
          popular "world's most saintly woman" league

          and Mataji knew very well what kind of a person
          Warren Reeves was, she just didn't care

          --- In talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com, "Gyan"
          <nutmeg2323@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > how painful is this unknown pain — I have no Faith — I dare not
          > > utter the words & thoughts that crowd in my heart — & make me
          suffer
          > > untold agony.
          > >
          > > So many unanswered questions live within me afraid to uncover
          them —
          > > because of the blasphemy — If there be God — please forgive me
          > > — When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven — there is such
          > > convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp
          knives &
          > > hurt my very soul. — I am told God loves me — and yet the
          > > reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that
          nothing
          > > touches my soul. Did I make a mistake in surrendering blindly to
          the
          > > Call of the Sacred Heart?
          > > — addressed to Jesus, at the suggestion of a confessor, undated

        • sukamoga
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 5, 2007

            --- In talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com, "Gyan" <nutmeg2323@...> wrote:

            > And - of course - as we all know - Mrs S was apparently completely
            > incapable of knowing what sort of person Warren Reeves was - until he
            > was thrown out by English Sahaja Yogis who had had enough of him.

            I think she was fully aware of WR's inability to keep his hands off of the young boys and men in SY.  She just didn't care.  It was only when she found out he was stealing puja "donations" earmarked for her Swiss bank account that she decided he needed to be removed.

            > Now how could anyone who makes decisions which affect the lives of her
            > followers be so lacking in discrimination?
            >
            > Moreover, knowing all of this, why is it that her followers trust her
            > judgement?
            >
            > Gyan

          • Simon_D_M
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 5, 2007
              I'm not sure where you get your info from, but I don't think
              that was the reason for him being thrown out. Mataji never
              wanted him thrown out - her hand was forced in Australia and
              later in the UK. Even after that she instructed Guido to keep
              in contact with him in the hope of bringing him back into SY.

              'Stealing donations' is a common excuse for leaders falling from
              grace *after the event*.

              > --- In talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com, "Gyan" <nutmeg2323@>
              > wrote:
              > >

              > > And - of course - as we all know - Mrs S was apparently completely
              > > incapable of knowing what sort of person Warren Reeves was -
              until he
              > > was thrown out by English Sahaja Yogis who had had enough of him.
              >

              > I think she was fully aware of WR's inability to keep his hands off
              of
              > the young boys and men in SY. She just didn't care. It was only
              when
              > she found out he was stealing puja "donations" earmarked for her
              Swiss
              > bank account that she decided he needed to be removed.
              >

              > > Now how could anyone who makes decisions which affect the lives
              of her
              > > followers be so lacking in discrimination?
              > >
              > > Moreover, knowing all of this, why is it that her followers trust
              her
              > > judgement?
              > >
              > > Gyan

            • sukamoga
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 5, 2007

                --- In talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com, "Simon_D_M" <dicon@...> wrote:

                > I'm not sure where you get your info from, but I don't think
                > that was the reason for him being thrown out. Mataji never
                > wanted him thrown out - her hand was forced in Australia and
                > later in the UK. Even after that she instructed Guido to keep
                > in contact with him in the hope of bringing him back into SY.
                >
                > 'Stealing donations' is a common excuse for leaders falling from
                > grace *after the event*.

                Well, that makes sense.  I got my info from American SYs, back when I was still practicing SY and living in an ashram.  That was the word among SYs: WR was thrown out of the cult because he had been stealing from mataji. No mention ever was  made of any of his other problems.  Supposedly he was a thief. Period.

                > > --- In talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com, "Gyan" <nutmeg2323@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >

                > > > And - of course - as we all know - Mrs S was apparently completely
                > > > incapable of knowing what sort of person Warren Reeves was -
                > until he
                > > > was thrown out by English Sahaja Yogis who had had enough of him.
                > >

                > > I think she was fully aware of WR's inability to keep his hands off
                > of
                > > the young boys and men in SY. She just didn't care. It was only
                > when
                > > she found out he was stealing puja "donations" earmarked for her
                > Swiss
                > > bank account that she decided he needed to be removed.
                > >

                > > > Now how could anyone who makes decisions which affect the lives
                > of her
                > > > followers be so lacking in discrimination?
                > > >
                > > > Moreover, knowing all of this, why is it that her followers trust
                > her
                > > > judgement?
                > > >
                > > > Gyan

              • Simon_D_M
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 5, 2007
                  > > I'm not sure where you get your info from, but I don't think
                  > > that was the reason for him being thrown out. Mataji never
                  > > wanted him thrown out - her hand was forced in Australia and
                  > > later in the UK. Even after that she instructed Guido to keep
                  > > in contact with him in the hope of bringing him back into SY.
                  > >
                  > > 'Stealing donations' is a common excuse for leaders falling from
                  > > grace *after the event*.
                  >
                  > Well, that makes sense. I got my info from American SYs, back when
                  > was still practicing SY and living in an ashram. That was the word
                  > among SYs: WR was thrown out of the cult because he had been
                  stealing
                  > from mataji. No mention ever was made of any of his other
                  problems.
                  > Supposedly he was a thief. Period.

                  SY/mataji was pretty unimaginative when it came to explaining
                  why national and world leaders were thrown out, it always seemed
                  to be the same thing. It also served as an excuse for why you
                  had to pay money into mataji's personal bank accounts - because
                  leaders can't be trusted. Why SY has such untrustworthy leaders,
                  or why there weren't any trustworthy people in SY capable of
                  being leaders, was never explained. I guess it must be one of
                  those mayas.

                  Best, SD

                  > > > --- In talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com, "Gyan"
                  <nutmeg2323@>

                  > > until he
                  > > >

                  > > > I think she was fully aware of WR's inability to keep his hands
                  off
                  > > of
                  > > > the young boys and men in SY. She just didn't care. It was only
                  > > when
                  > > > she found out he was stealing puja "donations" earmarked for her
                  > > Swiss
                  > > > bank account that she decided he needed to be removed.

                  > > of her

                  > > her

                • Gyan
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 5, 2007
                    Simon, what I meant was that they literally threw him out of an ashram
                    {as opposed to "out of Sahaja Yoga"}. At least that's what we were
                    told in Sydney. Is that incorrect?

                    Gyan

                    wrote:

                    > I'm not sure where you get your info from, but I don't think
                    > that was the reason for him being thrown out. Mataji never
                    > wanted him thrown out - her hand was forced in Australia and
                    > later in the UK. Even after that she instructed Guido to keep
                    > in contact with him in the hope of bringing him back into SY.
                    >
                    > 'Stealing donations' is a common excuse for leaders falling from
                    > grace *after the event*.
                    >
                    > > --- In talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com, "Gyan" <nutmeg2323@>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > And - of course - as we all know - Mrs S was apparently completely
                    > > > incapable of knowing what sort of person Warren Reeves was -
                    > until he
                    > > > was thrown out by English Sahaja Yogis who had had enough of him.
                    > >

                    > > I think she was fully aware of WR's inability to keep his hands off
                    > of
                    > > the young boys and men in SY. She just didn't care. It was only
                    > when
                    > > she found out he was stealing puja "donations" earmarked for her
                    > Swiss
                    > > bank account that she decided he needed to be removed.
                    > >

                    > > > Now how could anyone who makes decisions which affect the lives
                    > of her
                    > > > followers be so lacking in discrimination?
                    > > >
                    > > > Moreover, knowing all of this, why is it that her followers trust
                    > her
                    > > > judgement?
                    > > >
                    > > > Gyan

                  • Simon_D_M
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                      > Simon, what I meant was that they literally threw him out of an
                      ashram
                      > {as opposed to "out of Sahaja Yoga"}. At least that's what we were
                      > told in Sydney. Is that incorrect?

                      he, he. I didn't know he was physically thrown out. He deserved
                      it though.

                      No Sahaja Yogi reading this should forget that Mataji told the
                      Oz Collective to show him unquestioning obedience and reacted
                      to his expulsion for serial sexual abuse by making him a world
                      leader - somebody who was involved in marriage matching, ordering
                      around national leaders, ostracising people, and invested with
                      such authority that SYogis trusted him enough to believe in his
                      'special sy techniques'.

                      Any comments JL?