Financial Offering Option at Shri Ganesha Puja

  • Simon_D_M
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2006
      Financial Offering Option at Shri Ganesha Puja

      The protocols around the offering of gifts to the Goddess upon the
      sacred occasion of Puja are of deep significance and importance; to
      offer something which is pleasing to the Divine and which bring
      blessings to our country as a selfless expression of our love and
      devotion.
      Through this offering of love, we acknowledge the transforming power
      of Shri Mataji's Grace and teachings in our lives. In every puja that
      we offer to Shri Adi Shakti, the Divine in Her kindness gracefully
      uplifts the entire humanity. The National gifts offered bring their
      own blessings by opening our hearts and nurturing our capacity to
      give in all aspects of our life, as we engage in the natural cycle of
      giving and receiving.
      We find that our own experience of gratitude is magnified; we deepen
      our capacity to receive and assimilate Shri Mataji's blessings
      through whatever we offer out of love to Shri Mataji, whom we love
      with all our heart; through the practice of offering, we consciously
      acknowledge and strengthen our commitment to follow Her teachings.
      It has been suggested that at International Pujas, a gift from
      Hosting Countries should continue to be offered. The remaining
      countries however, may choose to donate an appropriate sum of money
      to projects sanctioned by H.H. Shri Mataji. Representatives of
      these countries could present a financial contribution to these
      projects. Flowers, artistic, cultural, or symbolic gifts
      representative of their culture, heritage, and traditions may also
      be presented with the financial offering.
      This suggestion was put to Shri Mataji and Sir CP for their approval:

      "Many thanks for your excellent proposals regarding Puja gifts. H.H.
      SHRI MATAJI has accorded Her whole-hearted approval. As regards
      projects, for the present it would be a good idea to concentrate on
      the CHHINDWARA SHRINE AND ASHRAM. "
      -- C.P. Srivastava

      "The Chindwara Project" realises a vision to construction a new
      ashram and meditation centre to be erected at the most holy place of
      Our Mother's birthplace. The WCASY would also mention that as a
      priority amongst the list of global projects that are under
      way. and will necessitate the participation of the whole world is
      the "The Devi Production Project" with the imminent start of the task
      for the preservation and digitalisation of all Shri Mataji's sacred
      audio and video material.
      National Collectives may thus continue to offer gifts to Shri Mataji
      and this note does not mean, nor imply that everyone should move to
      financial contribution at Pujas. In addition, if any country wishes
      to offer contributions to projects, the option has now been
      sanctioned.
      All aspects in the offering of Puja enable us to be sincere and
      earnest in ourselves to the great ideals of Sahaja Yoga, of
      compassion, peace, spiritual enlightenment, and of our
      complete dedication to Our Guru H.H Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi.

      The Australian Council, together with the World Council for the
      Advancement of Sahaja Yoga.

      © 2005 Vishwa Nirmala Dharma
      (a non-profit organization section 501(C)(3))
      Please read our terms and conditions for usage of this site.

      SWAN
      http://www.sahajayoga.org/swan/view_swan.asp?mode=print&swanid=550 (1
      sur 2)01.09.2006 12:07:50
    • sukamoga
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2006

        --- In talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com, "Simon_D_M" wrote:

         > > Financial Offering Option at Shri Ganesha Puja > > The protocols around the offering of gifts to the Goddess upon the > sacred occasion of Puja are of deep significance and importance; to > offer something which is pleasing to the Divine and which bring > blessings to our country as a selfless expression of our love and > devotion.

        It is interesting that a request for a donation to a religious organization has to be surrounded by such flowery language. In most churches they just pass around a basket. People drop in whatever loose change they have, or, if they're feeling generous, paper money.

        > Through this offering of love, we acknowledge the transforming power > of Shri Mataji's Grace and teachings in our lives. In every puja that > we offer to Shri Adi Shakti, the Divine in Her kindness gracefully > uplifts the entire humanity. The National gifts offered bring their > own blessings by opening our hearts and nurturing our capacity to > give in all aspects of our life, as we engage in the natural cycle of > giving and receiving.

        Yeah, I remember hearing this lecture. It's always directed at people who seem to be wincing at being asked to make yet another "offering" (optional, they say) to the Srivastava family retirement fund.

        > We find that our own experience of gratitude is magnified; we deepen > our capacity to receive and assimilate Shri Mataji's blessings > through whatever we offer out of love to Shri Mataji, whom we love > with all our heart; through the practice of offering, we consciously > acknowledge and strengthen our commitment to follow Her teachings.

        At this point it's the hard sell. An appeal sense of duty, obligation, etc. It's strange. If you have to be told why you should make an optional offering and how it will benefit you, how heartfelt is the offering?

         > It has been suggested that at International Pujas, a gift from > Hosting Countries should continue to be offered.

        Suggested by whom? This sounds like there was some debate about the issue. Did somebody bring up the idea that gift-giving might be vulgar or crass?

        The remaining > countries however, may choose to donate an appropriate sum of money > to projects sanctioned by H.H. Shri Mataji. Representatives of > these countries could present a financial contribution to these > projects.

        The line forms here.

        Flowers, artistic, cultural, or symbolic gifts > representative of their culture, heritage, and traditions may also > be presented with the financial offering.

        LMAO! All that otherwise worthless stuff that Mataji throws away may be presented WITH THE FINANCIAL OFFERING. (but not without)

        > This suggestion was put to Shri Mataji and Sir CP for their approval: > > "Many thanks for your excellent proposals regarding Puja gifts. H.H. > SHRI MATAJI has accorded Her whole-hearted approval. As regards > projects, for the present it would be a good idea to concentrate on > the CHHINDWARA SHRINE AND ASHRAM. " > -- C.P. Srivastava >

        Surprise, surprise. The Srivastavas have decreed that the gift-giving may continue wth Mataji's blessing.

         > "The Chindwara Project" realises a vision to construction a new > ashram and meditation centre to be erected at the most holy place of > Our Mother's birthplace. The WCASY would also mention that as a > priority amongst the list of global projects that are under > way. and will necessitate the participation of the whole world is > the "The Devi Production Project" with the imminent start of the task > for the preservation and digitalisation of all Shri Mataji's sacred > audio and video material.

        It's necessary for "the whole world" to participate??? Ok, count me out. Make that..."the whole world, minus one," please. Question: Why would it take the whole world to preserve and digitalize the audio and visual material of one small, insignificant cult?

         Oh, and also, how much does the job pay?

        > National Collectives may thus continue to offer gifts to Shri Mataji > and this note does not mean, nor imply that everyone should move to > financial contribution at Pujas. In addition, if any country wishes > to offer contributions to projects, the option has now been > sanctioned.

        Translation from Doubletalk to Straighttalk: Every collective better offer some gifts to Mataji. While no every single person is required to make a financial contribution at pujas, you'll be expected to contribute towards a significant amount of costly gifts for the goddess. Oh, and if you want to do some grunt work, gratis, we have a mop and a bucket just waiting for you.  One size fits all.

        > All aspects in the offering of Puja enable us to be sincere and > earnest in ourselves to the great ideals of Sahaja Yoga, of > compassion, peace, spiritual enlightenment, and of our > complete dedication to Our Guru H.H Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi.

        Ok, can anyone translate that last graph? I think what it's saying is that when you fork over your cash you're buying the opportunity to claim sincerity and earnestness. By paying, you're proving your "complete dedication" to "Our" (with a capital O) Guru (with a capital G). Only an insincere person would refuse to open up his/her wallet.