OT: Wrapping presents with the help of your CAT
- 1. Clear large space on table for wrapping present.
2. Go to wardrobe and collect bag in which present is
contained, and close door
3. Open door and remove cat from wardrobe,
4. Go to cupboard and retrieve rolls of wrapping paper.
5. Go back and remove cat from cupboard.
6. Go to draw, and collect transparent sticky tape, ribbons,
scissors labels etc.,
7. Lay out presents and wrapping materials on table, to enable
wrapping strategy to be formed.
8. Go back to draw to get string, remove cat that has been in
the draw since last visit and collect string.
9. Reopen draw and re-remove cat.
10. Remove present from bag.
11. Remove cat from bag.
12. Open box to check present, remove cat from box, replace
13. Lay out paper to enable cutting to size,
14. Try and smooth out paper, realize cat is underneath and
15. Cut the paper to size, trying to keep the cutting line
16. Throw away first sheet as cat tried to chase the scissors,
and tore paper.
17. Cut second sheet of paper to size. By putting cat in the bag
the present came out of.
18. Place present on cut to size paper
19. Lift up edges of paper to seal in present, wonder why edges
now don't reach, and realize cat is between present and paper.
Remove cat and retry.
20. Place object on paper, to hold in place, while cutting
transparent sticky tape.
21. Spend next 20 minuets carefully trying to remove transparent
sticky tape from cat with pair of nail scissors.
22. Seal paper down, with transparent sticky tape, making
corners as neat as possible.
23. Look for roll of ribbon, chase cat down hall, in order to
24. Try to wrap present with ribbon in a two directional turn.
25. Re-roll up ribbon and remove paper that is now torn, due to
cat's enthusiasm to chase ribbon end.
26. Repeat steps 13-20 until down to last sheet of paper.
27. Decide to skip steps 13-17, in order to save time and reduce
risk of losing last sheet of paper. By retrieving old cardboard box,
that you know is right size for sheet of paper.
28. Put present in box, and tie down with string.
29. Remove string, open box and remove cat,
30. Put all packing materials in bag with present and head for
31. Once inside room, lock door and start to re-lay out packing
32. Remove cat from box, unlock door, put cat outside door,
close door and re-lock.
33. Repeat previous step as often as is necessary. Until you can
hear the cries from the cat outside the door.
34. Lay out last sheet of paper. (I know this is difficult in
the small area of the toilet. But try your best)
35. Realize cat has already got to the paper. Unlock door go out
and hunt through various cupboards, looking for sheet of last years
paper, until you remember that you haven't got any left, due to cats
help with wrapping last year.
36. Retire back to room lock door, and sit on toilet whist
trying to work out how to make torn sheet of paper look halfway
37. Seal box, wrap with paper and start repairs by very
carefully seal down tears with transparent sticky tape. Now tie up
with ribbon and decorate with bows to hide worst effected areas.
38. Label, then sit back and admire your handiwork,
congratulating yourself on making good of a bad job.
39. Unlock door, and go to kitchen to make drink and feed cat.
40. 40. Spend next 15 minuets looking for cat, before coming to
41. Unwrap present, untie box and remove cat.
42. Retrieve all thrown away sheets of wrapping paper, feed cat
and retire back to room for last attempt, making certain you are
alone and the door is locked.
43. Find least torn and wrinkled sheets of paper, along with the
ones that the pattern matches closet.
44. Vainly try and wrap present in patchwork of paper. Tie with
the now tattered ribbon and decorate with the now limp bows. Label
and put present in bag, for fear of anyone seeing this disaster.
45. At time of handing over present, smile sweetly at receivers
face, as they try and hide their contempt at being handed such a
badly wrapped present.
46. Swear to yourself that next year, you will get the store to
wrap the damn thing for you.