[talk-about-sy] Re: Exercices de style

  • sukamoga
    Message 1 of 83 , Apr 1 7:02 AM
      --- In talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com, "Simon_D_M"
      <dicon@...> wrote:

      > > Su is right and Americans (especially New Yorkers) are
      > sophisticated. The japanese way of drinking saké is to drink it hot
      > in small porcelain cups.
      >
      > just felt I should backtrack to rescue Joelle's badly damaged
      > cultural caché:
      >
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sake#Serving_sake

      Well now we know. (Though I doubt anything about Joelle ever needs
      rescuing. Still, it's nice to know chivalry isn't dead.)

      Anyway, despite bibby rumors, I am not Japanese. But since I am
      American, that gives me license to take the best of every culture and
      make it my own :-P Warm saki for me!

      > > Domo arigato for your coming,
      > > Two full bows,
      > >
      > > Miguel San.
      > >

      > > canthisbejoel <canthisbejoel@> wrote:
      > > No WAY! You Americans know nothing! (prepares for slap from
      > Michalis
      > > for racist post - sigh).
      > >
      > > We put it in the freezer! or is that vodka? ..... no idea. Who
      > cares?
      > >
      > > I'm still on my way to Lisbon regardless.
      > >
      > > --- In talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com, "sukamoga"
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com, "canthisbejoel"

      > > > WHAT?!? Nooooooooooooo! You gotta drink that stuff WARM!
      > > >
      > > > On ice. O.M.G.
      > > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > > ---------------------------------
      > > Yahoo! Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide
      > with voicemail

    • Giahn
      Message 83 of 83 , Apr 6 9:37 AM
        --- In talk-about-sahaja-yoga@yahoogroups.com, "sukamoga"
        <sukamoga@...> wrote:

        J: Er, sorry, but my friend from California does say it, just like
        that. Perhaps she's making a mistake? But she does, definitely,
        pronounce it as two syllables only. Your friend from California is
        her-ASSing you.

        G: Maybe she's MOOdy. Does she say "dairy me" instead of "deary me"?