If you still have industrial surplus places near you, you can often get quality motors that have been taken out of equipment. My first motor was a GE for $3 ,lost90804
Puckdropper, Kind of ironic having a need for a lathe to make a lathe work... If power is not available an old treadle powered sewing machine stand can beatkin_on
I stole the motor from a Performax lathe to power my Taig lathe. The motor from that lathe had a variable speed control, which has been really nice on thePuckdropper
- Mar 26, 2000
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.