Re: [taigtools] DeskCNC on a Taig mill

  • Steve Blackmore
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 4, 2003
      On Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:08:09 -0000, you wrote:

      >Impressions so far: The DeskCNC software is extremely capable - it
      >will import DXF and various other file formats, including Gerber and
      >Excellon files output from PCB layout software. It can generate G-
      >code based toolpaths from the imported files, which it can in turn
      >interpret & use to drive the controller board directly, so the CAM
      >and controller functions are completely integrated - all you need to
      >add on is a decent drawing package to generate an importable graphic
      >file.

      Pity it doesn't support lathe or PMW with encoder, would have saved me
      a lot of time - here's Carl's reply to a query from me..

      --
      Steve Blackmore
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 28, 2003
        Sorry for the multiple posts, please ignore.
        Nick
        felice@... is Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter. See our web pages
        http://www.cartertools.com/nfhome.html