pen turning

  • Wayne Reimer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2000
      Edward,

      There are a lot of resources available for pen turning. One that you
      should check out is the penturners egroup. There are a huge number of
      very knowlegable pen turners that hang out there, and they are more
      than happy to give you all the help you need.

      Turn safe

      Wayne
    • benedict-list@hawaii.rr.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25 2:25 AM
        I do use mine for pen turning from time to time. And yeah, barrels spin
        on the mandrel if the tool digs in. I just do lots (and lots) and lots of
        shallow passes. But you can run the tool as fast as the carriage will
        move during roughing, so it's not as bad as it would be with metal. I
        slow down the feed during the last few passes.

        Tom

        On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, gtrostahs wrote:

        > Is anyone using the taig for pen turning and how is it going. I'm
        > having trouble with my blank turning on the mandrel. Thanks for any
        > help. Maybe we could stay in contact because I know I will have many
        > questions. Thanks, Gary

      • gtrostahs