Re: 4" Rotary Tables

  • barrywatch
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 6, 2002
      Don,

      Found them in May/June Home Shop Machinist. Try www.msdiscount.com.
      They haven't included the 4" rotary table in the web catalog yet, but
      if you call, they will send a catalog.

      Barry

      --- In taigtools@y..., "Don Feinberg" <donf@c...> wrote:
      > what / where / who is the "Machine Shop Discount Club"?
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Don Feinberg
      > donf@c...
      >

      > > Has anyone had any experience with the 4" rotary tables which have
      > > apparently just come on the market? I'm thinking of the Phase II
      > > model and the model advertised by the Machine Shop Discount Club.
      > > also found the Little Machine Shop.Com which is selling various
      rotary
      > > tables small enough to fit on a Taig mill. Any experience with
      > > Machine Shop Discount Club or Little Machine Shop.Com? These seem
      > > like a sensible alternative to the Sherline table which is as
      always
      > > just a bit too expensive.
      > >
      > > Barry Boling
    • David GoodFellow
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 6, 2002
        Barry:

        Little Machine Shop started up about a year ago to support the Aisian 7x10
        lathes and minimills, though much of their stuff probably will be ok for the
        Taig. I have found them to be knowledgeable, super helpful, prompt, "brave,
        clean and reverant." Great people! (I have no interest in them aside from
        being a satisfied customer.)

        Dave Goodfellow
        Lancaster, CA
        "No problem too small to baffle this expert"

        > Has anyone had any experience with the 4" rotary tables which have
        > apparently just come on the market? I'm thinking of the Phase II
        > model and the model advertised by the Machine Shop Discount Club. I
        > also found the Little Machine Shop.Com which is selling various rotary
        > tables small enough to fit on a Taig mill. Any experience with
        > Machine Shop Discount Club or Little Machine Shop.Com? These seem
        > like a sensible alternative to the Sherline table which is as always
        > just a bit too expensive.
        >
        > Barry Boling

      • barrywatch
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 6, 2002
          Another question for the group. The rotary tables seem to use a morse
          taper bore. I would like to mount my 3 or 4 jaw taig chuck on the
          table. Anyone know who I could contact to get an adapter from MT1 to
          3/4x16? Or help me figure out a better way to use my chucks with the
          table?

          Barry

          --- In taigtools@y..., "David GoodFellow" <davegood@g...> wrote:
          > Barry:
          >
          > Little Machine Shop started up about a year ago to support the
          Aisian 7x10
          > lathes and minimills, though much of their stuff probably will be ok
          for the
          > Taig. I have found them to be knowledgeable, super helpful, prompt,
          "brave,
          > clean and reverant." Great people! (I have no interest in them
          aside from
          > being a satisfied customer.)
          >
          > Dave Goodfellow
          > Lancaster, CA
          > "No problem too small to baffle this expert"

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • jlm_1951
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 6, 2002
            hi barry,

            i have a couple of the cheap Asian rts. i made an mt-to-taig
            locater/adapter out of brass so that i could locate, drill/tap
            holes for the taig chuck adapter on the rt tables.

            essentially, i put an mt with 10-32 tapped hole on one side 1/4" tang
            sticking out on the 15 other side. that way, i could draw the mt into
            the table with an 10-32 screw (drawbar) and use a 1/4" taig collet on
            the other to center the chuck adapter. once all that was screwed
            together, i could mark the holes to drill and tap on the rt table for
            the chuck hold down screws.

            learned all about mt specs, but turned out to be a good little
            project. also, i can use the locater to center the rt under the mill
            head using the 1/4" tang (at least till i can get one of the center
            locaters on sale).

            joel
          • wmbrady
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 11, 2002
              barrywatch Wrote:

              >Has anyone had any experience with the 4" rotary tables which have
              >apparently just come on the market?

              I have the Phase II 4" which is very good. I also have a 6" Vertex.

              Wm. "Bill" Brady, Harwood MD 38°51'30"N 76°41'00"W - Its in the darkest
              hour that the most stars come out.
            • barrywatch
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 11, 2002
                Bill,

                Where the heck is Harwood, Md? I work in Greenbelt, Md and live in
                Fairfax, Va.

                Barry

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 12, 2002
                  barrywatch Wrote:

                  >Bill,
                  >
                  >Where the heck is Harwood, Md? I work in Greenbelt, Md and live in
                  >Fairfax, Va.
                  >
                  >Barry

                  Across the creek from Upper Marlboro. Just south of Davidsonville.