micro mark portable band saw

  • jumbo75007
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 6:15 PM
      I just received the micro mark portable band saw. It seems to be
      worth the $129. 2 questions:

      1. The unit is very loud. No particular vibration or knocking, just
      a very loud unit. Is this to be expected?

      2. Is there any reason I cannot drill new holes in the base for the
      vice and mount it about 1/4" forward and about 3/4" closer to the
      blade. I cannot see any reason I could not, but is there a "DUH, of
      course you shouldn't do it?"
      Thanks,

      Dan Fuller
      Carrollton, Texas
    • wmbrady
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3 7:48 AM
        jumbo75007 Wrote:

        >1. The unit is very loud. No particular vibration or knocking, just
        >a very loud unit. Is this to be expected?

        Yes, it's loud.

        >2. Is there any reason I cannot drill new holes in the base for the
        >vice and mount it about 1/4" forward and about 3/4" closer to the
        >blade. I cannot see any reason I could not, but is there a "DUH, of
        >course you shouldn't do it?"

        I'd like to know the answer to that question myself.

        Wm. "Bill" Brady, Harwood MD 38°51'30"N 76°41'00"W - Its in the darkest
        hour that the most stars come out.