RE: [taigtools] Re: Chopping stock to size, what tpi?

  • Paul Currie
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1 7:18 PM
      We used to have a reciprocating power hack saw (replaced mostly by
      horizontal band saws nowadays, although our other plant still has their
      power hacksaw which they use for cutting harden cast ash line pipe). We
      used to get Starrett hacksaw blades that were HSS the whole width of the
      blade. They made great scrappers, homemade chopping knives etc when the
      blade worn out or broke and were in great demand by our millwrights. The
      new blades are now electron welded HSS on the tooth area only, not quite
      so brittle, but not as useful for "other" purposes :-(