Re: [taigtools] taig 3 jaw chuck

  • Reese
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 5, 2002
      At 08:14 AM 1/30/2002 -0600, Bad Brad wrote:
      >Dan,
      >Sherline makes chucks that will thread right on to the Taigs spindle, are
      >very precise right out of the box, and have great gripping power. The only
      >thing needed is a spacer behind the chuck.

      I understand the issue with the spacer.

      Here is my question: Are all Sherline 3-jaw chucks compatible with the
      Taig headstock, or are there specific part numbers - to acquire, or avoid?

      RSVP, anyone, I'd like to make a purchase today.

      Reese
    • Reese
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 5, 2002
        At 08:59 PM 2/5/2002 -0800, Carol & Jerry Jankura wrote:
        >Reese:
        >
        >Sherline offers chucks with spindles having other than 3/4-16 threads for
        >orphan products such as the Unimat SL and Unimat-3 machines (maybe for
        >others as well) As long as you purchase The Sherline chucks with the 3/4-16
        >thread, they should work with the Taig equipment.

        Aye - reading through the mail today, I gathered that Sherline and Taig
        have the same threads on the spindle. I should have read through before
        posting, shame on me.

        Looks like I'll soon be the proud new owner of a self-centering 3-jaw
        chuck with steel jaws (Sherline # 1040), I wonder who offers the best
        deal for chuck and shipping to Hawaii? ;)

        Reese
      • Carol & Jerry Jankura
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 5, 2002
          Reese:

          Sherline offers chucks with spindles having other than 3/4-16 threads for
          orphan products such as the Unimat SL and Unimat-3 machines (maybe for
          others as well) As long as you purchase The Sherline chucks with the 3/4-16
          thread, they should work with the Taig equipment.

          -- Carol & Jerry Jankura
          Strongsville, Ohio
          So many toys, so little time....

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 5, 2002
            Reese -

            I'd love to ship one to Hawaii for you - will do it for the price of my
            return air fare from UK ;-)