Webwasher works.

  • toddfoh
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2001
      Webwasher works on blocking the adds. It leaves a big blank space on
      your screen, but that's much better than the adds.
      Todd F.
    • Brian Greul
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2001
        Guidescope also works well for blocking advertising. www.guidescope.com
        it's free and works very well.

        Also, something you may want to load is called adaware. Basically when you
        install shareware and load certain sites you receive cookies and "spyware".
        This spyware and cookies are loaded up under IE and used to track you and
        obtain info. Sometimes these are malicious (gator) and grab passwords etc.
        What adaware does is scan for, detect, and remove this type of stuff. I
        found that my system was much more stable after I pulled the monkeys off of
        IE's back. :) It's also shareware. Just do a search for Ad-Aware on yahoo
        or your favorite search engine.

        Cheers,
        -Brian