Re: [taigtools] How long did it take?

  • Tom Benedict
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2001
      Mine took over a month, but Forrest was in the process of finding a new
      supplier for the chrome-moly leadscrews. So I wouldn't put too much store
      in that figure.

      Tom

      On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Dan Brideau wrote:

      > I just ordered a CNC mill. How long did it take
      > for yours to arrive?
      >
      > I'm resisting the urge to call and ask, since I
      > know from personal experience taking them away
      > from their work to answer the phone will only slow
      > things down.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Dan Brideau

      The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is
      suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best
      friends. If they are okay, then it's you.
    • Tom Benedict
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2001
        I've been wondering how they keep up at all! I see Taig lathes, either
        as-is or re-labeled, all OVER the place. Lee Valley sells them, at least
        two other woodworking catalogs sell them, and I've seen them in a number
        of modeling catalogs. I think one of the funkiest experiences I've had
        was when I walked into the local Woodcraft store, and saw a collet set for
        one of their lathes. Errr... That's a custom taper, and that's the ONLY
        lathe I've seen those collets for.

        I haven't been out west in years, but next time I have the chance, I'll
        need to plan a visit, just to see how they do the things they do.

        Tom

        On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Nicholas Carter and Felice Luftschein wrote:

        > Anywhere from a week to two months - but generally from 1-4 weeks. They sell
        > a lot of these and can barely keep up.
        > felice@... is Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter. See our web pages
        > http://www.cartertools.com/nfhome.html

      • Paul Currie
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
          What are they re-labeled as?

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is
          suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best
          friends. If they are okay, then it's you.

        • Brian Greul
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
            They have quite an operation. I had the opportunity to visit them, and I
            must say that I was impressed with how personable and nice they were.
            Definitely the kind of people it is a pleasure to do business with.
            -Brian

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
              On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Paul Currie wrote:

              > What are they re-labeled as?

              I've seen some re-labeled to the catalog's parent company (as an example,
              something like "Woodcraft Mini-Lathe II" (though they may have left the
              Taig name on it, I can't remember.)

              Tom

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
                They are sold in the UK/Europe under the Peatol brand name.