Re: [taigtools] Mill Manual

  • Al Schoepp
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2001
      At 09:34 PM 04/11/2001 -0600, you wrote:

      >On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Al Schoepp wrote:
      >
      > > Great, looking forward to the manual. What software do you use for
      > > creating the pdf, Adobe or something a little more reasonably priced?
      >
      >It's Adobe. I picked it up when I was working at a university, so I got
      >the education discount.

      Oh well, I thought that there may have been a more affordable way to create
      files in pdf as it seems like a nice cross platform format and I have a few
      drawings I'd put on my site.

      Al

    • Tom Benedict
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5, 2001
        There are a bunch of Linux tools for creating PDFs. I haven't really
        mucked with them much, but they're apparently quite good.

        Not sure about shareware/freeware Windows or Mac tools.

        Tom

        On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Al Schoepp wrote:

        > At 09:34 PM 04/11/2001 -0600, you wrote:
        >
        > >On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Al Schoepp wrote:
        > >
        > > > Great, looking forward to the manual. What software do you use for
        > > > creating the pdf, Adobe or something a little more reasonably priced?
        > >
        > >It's Adobe. I picked it up when I was working at a university, so I got
        > >the education discount.
        >
        > Oh well, I thought that there may have been a more affordable way to create
        > files in pdf as it seems like a nice cross platform format and I have a few
        > drawings I'd put on my site.
        >
        > Al

        The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is
        suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best
        friends. If they are okay, then it's you.
      • Scott A. Stephens
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 15, 2001
          If you send me the files I can write them out in PDF.
          At 04:50 PM 11/5/2001 -0500, you wrote:
          >At 09:34 PM 04/11/2001 -0600, you wrote:
          >
          > >On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Al Schoepp wrote:
          > >
          > > > Great, looking forward to the manual. What software do you use for
          > > > creating the pdf, Adobe or something a little more reasonably priced?
          > >
          > >It's Adobe. I picked it up when I was working at a university, so I got
          > >the education discount.
          >
          >Oh well, I thought that there may have been a more affordable way to create
          >files in pdf as it seems like a nice cross platform format and I have a few
          >drawings I'd put on my site.
          >
          >Al

          >Let the chips fly!

        • Daniel Munoz
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 18, 2001
            Sorry, I'm a little late on this one, but still have an answer that you
            may found useful;
            There is a great and affordable Windows program that can generate PDF,
            named PdfFactory; you can download it and try it at:
            http://www.fineprint.com/
            It install like a supplementary printer under Windows, just print on it
            anything and you're done. You could also check for FinePrint program on
            the same web site, a great little tool useful to print multiple pages on
            a single sheet of paper; I'm a registered user of both, and couldn't
            live (comfortably) without them ;-)) !!

            Hope that help,
            Daniel.
            Quebec, Canada.