Re: [taigtools] engraving

  • Al Schoepp
    Message 1 of 37 , Oct 2, 2001
      At 09:47 AM 02/10/2001 -0700, you wrote:

      >GOOD MORNING AL,
      >I do a lot of engraving on my taig mill. I use double backed tape and tape
      >it to the table works very well for me.
      > The problem some times is the material varying in thickness.
      >Jim

      The experiment I did tonight with the tape turned out ok. I was concerned
      about the possibility of varying thickness but it didn't seem to be a
      problem if there was any. Perhaps if I start engraving more or have a need
      to engrave something that is not flat I will look at a spring loaded
      engraving head. (or if someone figgers out a simple easy way to do it)

      Al

    • Steve Blackmore
      Message 37 of 37 , Jun 12, 2004
        On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 03:51:17 -0000, you wrote:

        >what kind of tooling are you using to do engravings?? where is a
        >good place to purchase this tooling

        Engraving bits <G>.

        What country are you in?

        In the UK Suregrave are pretty good, worthwhile downloading the
        catalogue from

        http://www.suregrave.com/2001_cat.htm

        lots of usefull information and pictures in there.

        --
        Steve Blackmore