Unhappy 4 jaw chuck

  • J.C.Beech@shu.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hi all,
      unpacked my 4 jaw chuck to do some work the other day, and as I
      tighted the last jaw I saw it rise about 2thou... 8-(
      I am happy to accept some tolerance error, but surely this shouldn't
      happen. Anyone any clues remedies or should I return the chuck for
      replacement. It never happens at a convenient time, should I get
      another chuck (anyone else noticed problems like this) to tide me
      over.

      Joules 8-(
    • J.C.Beech@shu.ac.uk
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001
        P.S
        anyone do a nice cast faceplate for the Taig.

        Joules 8-(
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001
          Hi Joules -

          Sorry to hear about your 4-jaw woes. Never noticed that problem with mine.

          I don't know of a cast faceplate, but the standard Taig faceplate is very
          nice - made of free cutting steel. Also useful as a backplate for mounting
          chucks ;-)

          Are you planning to visit Donnington in October by the way?

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001
              That isn't right - did you buy it from Peatol?
              felice@... is Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter. See our web pages
              http://www.cartertools.com/nfhome.html

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2001
                That's interesting...I posted this message twice because the first time, it
                hadn't showed up on the eGroup after a couple of hours. Looks like the
                second copy just arrived ;-)

                Anyone else noticed long delays between posting & the message arriving?

              • J.C.Beech@shu.ac.uk
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2001
                  Yep, I noticed some delays, but was wary of reposting as this has
                  back fired in the past.

                  Joules

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/