Re: Re: [taigtools] DRO for Taig Mill

  • Luc
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 23, 2013
      Terry
      sorry but I don't have any pictures, that was like 5 years ago.
      it was straight bolt on the to the Aluminium rail. I had replace the
      original aluminium frame fill with concrete with a billet aluminium frame.
      the most important part is to make sure your scale is with .001  parallel
      with your compound

      Luc G

      "Being a Master is about having Courage and confidence.
      Courage to dream something and then....MAKE IT HAPPEN..."

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 27, 2014
        Just finished installing a DRO on the Taig Mill.  Thought I'd share how it turned out.  Still got a little tuning to do but already big improvement over the dials on the lead screws.

        Pictures available at:

        Brackets were made from 6061 Aluminum Angle

        Stainless screws/nylocks

        Y-Axis yoke pin is steel

        Scales are from AccuRemote: http://www.accuremoteusa.com/page8.html

        Interface box, arduino, protoShield  from Radio Shack

        Cable glands from: http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/pg-cable-glands.php

        TouchDRO software (free) from: http://www.yuriystoys.com/p/android-dro.html

        Software installed on an older generation Google Nexus 7 Tablet.

        Tablet talks to the scale interface box via wireless (bluetooth).

        Cheers,

        - W

      • Paul J. Ste. Marie
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 27, 2014
          On 7/27/2014 5:42 AM, webbpinner@... [TAIGTOOLS] wrote:
          > Scales are from AccuRemote:http://www.accuremoteusa.com/page8.html
          > http://www.accuremoteusa.com/page8.html

          Sold by Anytime Tools? The couple times I bought from them on Amazon
          (cemented carbide lathe tools, forget what the other was) it was total
          crap and went straight back. I'll be curious to see how these work out
          for you.
        • r16562001
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 28, 2014
            Would you let me know how this works out for you?

          • r16562001
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 28, 2014
              r1656@...

            • Luc
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 28, 2014
                I did installe them on my lathe works great
                there are some pictures in the group of my instalation
                cheers