Re: [taigtools] Milling a dental crown - A different way to mill a part

  • WAM
    Message 1 of 124 , Sep 4, 2013
      Yea... machines like that are amazing...

      I recall seeing a demo vid for a Matsuura:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LCaRqQ8Qf8

      Tried convincing the homeowners assoc. that we really need 3 phase 480
      in the neighborhood.

      Didn't go over so well...

      There's a company, Isel, that Deskproto mentions that makes 5 axis
      trunnion's for desktop mills...
      http://www.deskproto.com/gallery/austin-5ax.htm

      http://www.isel.com/en/
      DSH-S:
      http://www.isel-germany.de/products/product.php?ID=p156&backlink=/search/searchresult.php?we_lv_search_searchresultList=DSH-S&we_from_search_searchresultList=1&submit=

    • Ryan
      Message 124 of 124 , Jan 8, 2014
        Jeff,

        Thanks for your response. I hadn't heard of your company but your taig kit for the sherline rotary table is exactly what I had been looking for.

        On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Jeffrey Birt <birt_j@...> wrote:

        Taig and Sherline both use uni-polar drivers/motors but the connectors are
        different. The 'CNC-Ready' Sherline rotary table comes sans motor. So you
        could buy the Sherline version and wire up your own motor or buy the
        Sherline version and buy just the Taig stepper motor or you could buy the
        Taig version of the rotary table which comes with the motor.

        Jeff Birt

        Soigeneris.com