[taigtools] Re: Lead Screw addition

  • Lewis Balentine
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 1, 2000
      At 07:32 AM 4/1/00 -0600, you wrote:
      >Hi,
      >Just my 2 cents worth on the lead screw mod: Why not modify the spacer
      >blocks that go between the head and tail -stocks and the bed? Or, put
      >the lead screw under the bed. I haven't seen these mods I'm just
      >picturing how I might do it.
      >Cheers,
      >Derf
      >

      > Why not modify the spacer blocks that go between the head and tail
      > -stocks and the bed?
      That would work, but it assumes that you have those spacer blocks.
      Of course in a kit form, it could include the "special" blocks.

      > Or, put the lead screw under the bed.
      I believe that would require a spacer block under the lathe.
      By the time all is said and done probably 3/4".
      Still that might work.

      A thinner bar under the lathe that has the lead screw brackets
      on it would probably also work. These would have to called
      a "bolt between" add on. :=)

      There is a way to do it ....

      Thanks for the ideas.

      Lewis
    • Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter
      Message 38 of 38 , May 31, 2000
        felice@... is Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter. See the Taig
        Lathe pages at http://www.proaxis.com/~taig
        > Btw, anyone know of a quick and easy (dirty?) way to make up a
        > C-spanner for the leadscrew dial backplates? The backlash on the
        > top-slide and cross-slide dials is something shocking on my setup (the
        > vertical milling attachment has escaped unscathed so far...).
        The crosslide screw is loctited (red -heat needed) to the handwheel, be very
        careful adjusting these, as you can bend or snap them off easily. It may be
        that you just need new nuts, which are certainly easier to replace.