[taigtools] Re: Motor Problem

  • Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 31, 2000
      > How did you
      > mount the controller
      Get a project box at radio shack - all the electronics fit neatly into it,
      and the controls can mount on the front panel. I added spade connectors to
      all the wires so replacing the controller or motor would be easy if it broke
      down in the middle of something (I bought a spare motor and controller just
      in case, but a year later and the treadmill motor is still powering the
      JET920).
    • Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter
      Message 38 of 38 , May 31, 2000
        felice@... is Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter. See the Taig
        Lathe pages at http://www.proaxis.com/~taig
        > Btw, anyone know of a quick and easy (dirty?) way to make up a
        > C-spanner for the leadscrew dial backplates? The backlash on the
        > top-slide and cross-slide dials is something shocking on my setup (the
        > vertical milling attachment has escaped unscathed so far...).
        The crosslide screw is loctited (red -heat needed) to the handwheel, be very
        careful adjusting these, as you can bend or snap them off easily. It may be
        that you just need new nuts, which are certainly easier to replace.