Re: Pretty bad X table tilt on new TAIG mill

  • alandelena
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 28, 2013
      UPDATE:
      Its been a long time, busy on my day job for a few months. I just would
      like to close this and again thanks Taig Tools for the great customer
      service. I have post some pics of the new base installed on the mill.

      "It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errorsand mistakes
      and make amends for them. To make a mistake is only an error injudgment,
      but to adhere to it when it is discovered shows infirmity ofcharacter."
      - Dale E Turner

      Thanks everybody,
      Alan

      --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, ED MAISEY wrote:

      > Alan,
      >
      > Â Â IÂ guarantee you will be very happy with your Taig now,
      I got mine from Chipping away,  I'm glad it worked out well for
      you,Â
      > ........Edmund.........
      >

      > ________________________________

      to Taig and their local dealer, Chipping Away
      (http://www.chippingaway.com). Pics in

      > Alan
      >
      > --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, Steve Wan wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear all
      > >
      > > I read all your comments pointing at the imperfection of Taig
      > > products...none mention of how to overcome the errors without Taig's
      help.
      > > As being a home machinist for years, it's far better to think of a
      solution
      > > and rectify the machine as this would increase not only your skill
      level
      > > and a greater understand of your machine. Undoubtedly, your machine
      will
      > > last a lifetime.
      > >
      > > I faced problems with Sherline too...after trial and error I managed
      > > overcome it and love my machine more :)
      > > FYI, I just lapped my Sherline lathe bed after 15 years of use, to
      my
      > > surprise my hard work paid off.
      > > It works like a brand new lathe!
      > >
      > > Steve Wan
      > >
      > > On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:50 AM, alandelena wrote:
      > >
      > > > **
      > > >

      > > > I have informed Taig about my mill, they ask for my contact
      information
      > > > and say they will call me. I am still waiting, if I don't get a
      call I will
      > > > give them a call. I believe Taig will address this issue. I also
      have a
      > > > lathe from them and I am very much satisfied with its performance.
      This is
      > > > an oppurtunity for them to have this corrected and improve their
      outgoing
      > > > quality control.
      > > >
      > > > Alan

      > > > you in choosing another product, stay with Taig, contact them and
      they will
      > > > put you right I'm pretty sure of that, it seems you have been
      unlucky, and
      > > > Taig should be informed about the problem, I got my machine from a
      dealer
      > > > three months ago here in Canada, it came from the Taig factory, I
      don't
      > > > think its the dealers fault, it is a beautiful little machine, and
      it was
      > > > perfect in every way, I am really delighted with it, somehow your
      machine
      > > > passed through quality control without being detected,

      > > > none, and it was thorough,

      I also