Re: [taigtools] Re: Using 10mm+ drills on micromill.

  • Pierre Coueffin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 23, 2013
      I had occasion to dress the shank on a Silver and Deming bit recently.

      The bit had a center hole on the shank end. I chucked up a scrap of
      lumber, and bored it to fit closely on the business end of the drill bit.
      I marked the location of the jaws, and carefully sawed a slit so I can
      close it up like a collet using the chuck jaws.

      Gripping the bit between the wooden collet and a dead center, I removed the
      damage with a fresh carbide bit.

      I suspect you could turn down the shank of your bit the same way.