Re: [taigtools] Taig vs Sherline 4 jaw independent chuck

  • Steve Wan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2013
      Hi Stan

      Thank you for the valuable feedback! I don't own a Taig but Sherline
      and I just got the Sherline 4 jaw chuck and like to make a comparison
      with Taig 4 jaw chuck. I would take note of your clamping data.

      Anyway, I got a wood scroll chuck from WoodRiver. I intend to make
      soft jaws on it for big and odd jobs. I need to use the riser block
      for the wood chuck.

      I'm more concern of the weight of bigger chuck, to prevent any stress
      on the bearings. The Taig chuck weighs much heavier than the wood
      chuck by 200g.

      Regards,
      Steve Wan