Stuck lathe tail stock cross slide UNSTUCK

  • semobill4114
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2013
      At Nick Carter's suggestion, I applied some heat. I used a heat gun, not a torch. With a little work, the parts came loose. It was the steel pin that locks the cross slide that was the culprit. The grease had dried up (expected in 10 years!) and frozen it in place. The heat melted the grease sufficiently. I was able to easily remove the pin. I cannot see any damage. Thanks for your help.

      Bill