Re: Square tubing of taig mill

  • Shawn Woolley
    Message 1 of 19 , May 28, 2013
      I agree somewhat but in his original website (don't know about now) he made it very clear that he was not that Tubal Caine but rather a big fan and after the originals death he wanted to do his part to help the original Tubal's good work continue and he took the name as a show of respect and continuity. I don't know if thats true or not or if he grabbed it as a ready made fan base. But who knows really, he does some good work and isn't trying to fool nobody and with billions on the internet originality is mostly dead so ???

      --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, "pgmrdan" <pgmrdan@...> wrote:

      > It comes across oddly that this guy is using the name of the author of some pretty fine books and articles and was a very impressive university instructor. I find it annoying. </rant> :)
      >
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Walshaw
      >
      > --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, Tony Jeffree <tony@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The original Tubal Cain (author of the books you refer to and more) is long
      > > dead. This guy isn't the first to "adopt" his name.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Tony
      > >

      > > On 28 May 2013 21:16, pgmrdan <pgmrdan@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > As a side question, why does he call himself tubalcain? He doesn't sound
      > > > British. I have doubts that he's the author of the Workshop Practice
      > > > Series books and other books authored by Tubal Cain.

      > > > machine shop secrets" for those intersted in learning from one the the
      > > > greats.happy Memorial Day from james.

      > > > Let the chips fly!
      > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Nick Ames
      Message 2 of 19 , May 28, 2013
        I believe both their pseudonyms are biblical references:
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tubal-cain .

        On 05/28/2013 03:13 PM, Shawn Woolley wrote:
        > I agree somewhat but in his original website (don't know about now) he made it very clear that he was not that Tubal Caine but rather a big fan and after the originals death he wanted to do his part to help the original Tubal's good work continue and he took the name as a show of respect and continuity. I don't know if thats true or not or if he grabbed it as a ready made fan base. But who knows really, he does some good work and isn't trying to fool nobody and with billions on the internet originality is mostly dead so ???
        >
        > --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, "pgmrdan" <pgmrdan@...> wrote:
        >> It comes across oddly that this guy is using the name of the author of some pretty fine books and articles and was a very impressive university instructor. I find it annoying. </rant> :)
        >>
        >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Walshaw
        >>
        >> --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, Tony Jeffree <tony@> wrote:
        >>> The original Tubal Cain (author of the books you refer to and more) is long
        >>> dead. This guy isn't the first to "adopt" his name.
        >>>
        >>> Regards,
        >>> Tony

        Nick Ames - http://www.fetchmodus.org/
      • pgmrdan
        Message 3 of 19 , May 29, 2013
          Well, that's fair then. I thought maybe he was trying to use the name to his advantage.

          If he's doing it out of respect then it's a good thing. Thanks!

          I only heard of this guy about 2 weeks ago whereas I had heard of the author and university instructor perhaps 12 to 15 years ago and have a few of his books.

          Some are impressed by the newer guy so maybe I'll watch some more of his videos.