Fitting Sherline spindle pulley to Taig spindle?

  • jason
    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2013
      Is it just a matter of boring it our from .563 to slightly over .625?
    • GordonR
      Message 2 of 4 , May 11, 2013
        Yes. Check the photos section under "Taig Hybrid Two" to see an installation I did some time ago to fit a Sherline motor to a Taig lathe. The Sherline spindle pulley was bored out to fit the Taig spindle.
      • jason
        Message 3 of 4 , May 11, 2013
          --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, "GordonR" <blscopes@...> wrote:

          > Yes. Check the photos section under "Taig Hybrid Two" to see an installation I did some time ago to fit a Sherline motor to a Taig lathe. The Sherline spindle pulley was bored out to fit the Taig spindle.

          Very cool.

          Did you have to tap holes into the back of the headstock?
        • GordonR
          Message 4 of 4 , May 12, 2013
            No. I used flat 10-32 nuts in the T Slot.