Adjusting the YZ

  • Max Cato
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2013
      Hello,

      In tramming my Taig, I can get the XZ to within 0.001" just fine. However, I've noticed that my YZ seems to be 0.0035" out (nearer to the back of the mill is lower). What's the best way to fix this? Just insert shims where the base plate meets the column? Should I check the dovetail mount and try tramming the z-axis faceplate?

      Thanks!

      -Max