Re: [taigtools] Taig lathe motor

  • J. Todd Shultz
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 18, 2013
      Yes,  I use them on a lot of the Basic set-ups that I sell. ( http://midamericapool.com/index_files/Page324.htm ) The motors that I use are not the normal ones that you generally run into.  Most that you will find are rated at .7 amp. or some may be.9 amp.  The ones that I use are 1.20 amp.  So they are a little stronger.  The foot controls are a variable resistance speed control so they lose torque at slower speeds.  But for the purpose that I intend them to be used for (mostly cutting wood, plastics & leather) they are very adequate.